Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which bass should I Sell?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jpwinters, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Peavey T-40

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  2. Fender Elite Precision Bass

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. Kawai F2b 110 KS

14 vote(s)
    37.8%
  4. Ibanez BTB 406

17 vote(s)
    45.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jpwinters

jpwinters Guest

Aug 22, 2002
    Norfolk, Va
    Which bass or basses should I get rid of? I really want to get a Ciruss 6 string.
    Here are the basses.

T-40
    [​IMG]

Kawai F2B 110KS
    [​IMG]

Fender Elite P-Bass
    [​IMG]

BTB 406
    [​IMG]

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    The one you use the least.

Peace
    Nick

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    The one you use the least.

The one you feel the least attached to.

The one you with most ease can replace if you regret the trade.

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Just an observation about one to keep - I'd advise holding on to the T-40 for it's potential as a future collectible.

A helluva lot of bassists fondly remember the T-40 as their first bass or as their first "acceptable" bass, (not me, I started well before Peavey was born). Regardless of quality, these beginner-type instruments become "nostalgia pieces" and they can become desireable among collectors.

Even a few cheap old Japanese junk-guitars are collectible now. American-made instruments like the T-40 are much more likely to become collectible.

Example - My first "big amp" was a godawful Silvertone w/2-12's I bought new from Sears for $250. You can't touch one now for less than $450, from what I've seen.

Does that ersatz Alembic, the Kawaii, sound/play decently or is it "all show and no go"???

5. jpwinters

jpwinters Guest

Aug 22, 2002
    Norfolk, Va
    The Kawai plays great. Nice active pickups, great bell like tones, can also get deep. Awesome construction.

6. jpwinters

jpwinters Guest

Aug 22, 2002
    Norfolk, Va
    Maybe I should have titled this thread; "What Bass Wouls You Buy?"

7. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    which one would you sell for the cheapest?
    that is the one i will buy

steve

8. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I think I have made up my mind. If I were you and were to buy a Cirrus 6'er, I'd sell the BTB 6'er. Simply because it wouldn't get any time after the purchase.

What bass would I buy? Any of the other three. :)

9. jpwinters

jpwinters Guest

Aug 22, 2002
    Norfolk, Va
    That's what I was thinking also.

In order to get the Ciruss I am going to have to sell a couple of these or trade them.

10. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    how much for the btb?
    pm me i might be intrested.
    or any of the other basses.

thanks
    steve

11. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

I'd lose all of them and get one nice bass you can take some pride in. You get what you pay for. Best of luck

Rob

12. jpwinters

jpwinters Guest

Aug 22, 2002
    Norfolk, Va
    moparpunk, you got a PM

13. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i would keep the kawai and the t40 probably, and sell the other two.

but if you're getting a cirrus6, sell the BTB6.

that kawai is AWESOME, BTW. i think i've tried one once and every time i see one on here i REALLY want to play it again.

14. how much would you sell that P bass for? whats it mean "Elite"?

15. jpwinters

jpwinters Guest

Aug 22, 2002
    Norfolk, Va
    In the 80's they came out with the Elite series. It has a preamp in it and the TBX Tone control. The pickups have been changed to Bartolini's, Much better than the original ones. Comes with a Hardshell case. $550.00

16. I say the BTB406, as much as I recommend them, a Cirrus blows it away. If you have to, sell the Fender privately, good price on one.

If you get $550 for the Fender, you should get about $350 for the BTB. Dunno how much you could score a Cirrus for, but $900 is better than nothing. Hell, at that price you have more options, like a used Musicman or similar.

17. Don't get rid of the elite!:cool:

18. Keep the Kawai and the Elite. The Ibanez is rather blah and the T-40 is, well, a T-40. If you're gonna have a 13-pound bass, it might as well be pretty :D

19. Keep the Kawai and the Peavey. Lose the Fender and the Ibanez. Get the Cirrus and don't look back.

BTW, I agree, that Kawai looks awesome. If you do plan on selling it, let me know.;)

20. cap

cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    Could I get a pm about the BTB 406?

-cap