Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which bass to buy!?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bigdavis_08, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Bigdavis_08

Bigdavis_08

Oct 7, 2004
    Hugoton, KS
    Hey fellas.

Ok, i'm looking to buy a new bass, but dont know which one to get. Either the ESP Viper 305 or the ESP B-155. Both are 300$ on music123.com. They say the viper is good but i wanna know what u guys think.

Thank You

2. it's ESP. in other words... both basses are exactly the same except for the look. I don't have the time to actually go look at the specs, but I'd bet my money that soundwise they're both identical. Not saying they make bad basses, just that I doubt the sound would vary too much between two of their basses that are both the same price.

3. Bigdavis_08

Bigdavis_08

Oct 7, 2004
    Hugoton, KS
    sorry bro, it has to be 5 strings. gotta play korn n disturbed n stuff, but all i need to know is which one to get outta the 2 i chose.....im thinking the Viper. It looks badazz,5 string,color i want, and ill nino uses it.

4. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    I would have to say the viper 305. I know ESP makes a good product, because my brother got a guitar from them, and it sounds awsome. I have no idea what either bass sounds like, but I mainly suggest the 305 based on the supposed "price drop", and the fact that it seems like it comes with better hardware. Sorry if this isn't much help, but it's all I could offer :) .

5. The man's right that they're both going to sound the same. At that level the LTDs are pretty much the same except for look. The Viper 305 is probably "better" as the higher quality the instrument, the higher the ESP/LTD model number. I've got an Eclipse 4sting 400 that's pretty cool.