Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which bass to get?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ashton, Sep 4, 2002.

1. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    Hi
    I am having trouble choosing which bass to buy...
    BTB 406- active pups
    SR3006E- Bartollini pups
    SR406- active pups
    if i was to get the SR3006E with barts would it be a good idea to install a preamp, i love active basses.
    help plz
    later
    Lukas

2. Isn't the SR3006 active already?

mm yes it is.. You don't need to install any preamp..

I would definately go for the SR30006.. but there is a big monetary difference among them...

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

If you can afford the SR3006, that is the way to go. If you like the BTB's, what about the BTB1006e? It has Bartolini pickups and preamp.

4. If I had to choose between those 3: the BTB 406.

Wich style do you want to play ? There's a pretty much a difference between the BTB and the SR.
    I personally can't stand the sound of an SR. (sorry SR users)

5. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Try to go with one with Barts. Got to think long term with an Ibanez. I imagine how all the basses I buy will look on ebay.

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Chances are a Prestige SR with Bartolini electronics won't sound like the $500 Soundgears at Guitar Center.

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Word, Jeff. The 3000 models are just as nice as any bass out there. Ibanez's are almost completely defined by their lackluster inhouse electronics. Drop some juicers in there, and it's as good a bass as any.