Which bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by H3rEye51nRoam, Nov 19, 2003.

1. H3rEye51nRoam

Nov 18, 2003
    Ok guys, I have played guitar for about 2 yrs now and originally wanted a bass. So now I am going to buy one. Basically it's now down to 2 choices for me. Which do you think would be best? The Cort Curbow 4 String, http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...145545773/g=bass/search/detail/base_id/101828 or the Ibanez EDB600WP, http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=EDB600&color=1 LMK what your opinions are and what you would recommend. Which of these two basses has the better quality, tone, etc... I don't want like a cheap squier pbass or anything like that just a more upscale bass. I am thinking the Ibanez due to the brand since that's what I have heard more of etc... but then again I have never even heard of Cort Curbow basses so who knows. I am only a rec player as of now and don't plan to play any gigs any time soon at all. So basically it'll just be to play around on and learn on. Thanks
  2. jessew

Oct 27, 2003
    new jearsy
    do not get a bass with a luthite body, you will really, really regret it when you realize that luthite bodies produce no good tones. In your price range, i would reccomend a schecter, or an ibanez with a wood body. I also assume by your 2 choices that you are looking for a bass with a unique body design. Schecters are good for this too
  3. Diek

May 25, 2003
    The people who tell you luthite sucks have most likely never played one. I've played my EDC for several years and I love the tone. I'm willing to bet most people wouldn't be able to tell that it's not wood by tone alone, but I digress.

Both are pretty good basses. I play an older style EDC (with two pickups intead of one, like on the new ones), which is pretty much the same as the EDB you're considering, except it has a different body style and sweepable mids. I love the tone, and it's very versitale because of the good EQ.

I've played a Cort Curbow a few times, and was happy with it too. Only one pickup takes away some of the versitility, but it's a bartolini, which is one of the best brand of pickups you can buy. As I recall, the cort was a bit lighter than my EDC.

They're both great basses for the price. If a local store has both of them, try them both out and see which one you like best.
  4. H3rEye51nRoam

Nov 18, 2003
    The reason I was considering them is because of the prices I have found them used for on the boards really. So that's what I was going by. Thanks for all the help everyone, I highly appreciate it. I am still not real sure which one I am going to get yet. I found a decent Warmoth Jazz Deluxe 5 also and a Tobias Toby 5. Oh well thanks guys.
  5. H3rEye51nRoam

Nov 18, 2003
    Just finished talk to the guy and it's a Cort Signature Series. Not sure which one though. That is definately better. The guy with te Ibanez isn't interested in my trade anyways but I am trading for the Cort.