Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nspbass, Jun 23, 2005.

Which Bass?

Poll closed Jun 30, 2005.
  1. Spector NS2000 5 (used)

77 vote(s)
    41.0%
  2. Lakland 55-01 (new)

111 vote(s)
    59.0%
  1. nspbass

nspbass

Nov 26, 2004
    Spector NS2000 5 string - $450 (used, in great condition-neckthrough/EMG HZ's)

Lakland 55-01 - $650 (new, with OHSC)

nspbass

2. I voted Spector... And not just because I am a Spector head either... I believe the Laklands are supposed to sound more polite from what Ive heard... Whereas all Spectors Ive heard, and most definately the ones I have played have a very distinct tone, and excellent quality... Not to take anything away from Lakland in the quality department though.

Also, the Spector has an amazing contour that fits like a glove, and it plays "like butta!"

IMHO,
    ~Ryan

3. See my post at HCBF... I am a big Spector fan, but between a used Korean Spector and a NEW Skyline with case?

I say Lakland!

4. Derakh Djinn

Derakh Djinn

May 23, 2005
    Michigan
    I voted Lakland, just based on personal preference on playability. I found the Lakland a lot more responsive to my playing style...

On a side note, where are you getting a New 55-01 with case for 650$?

5. Go Lakland - an ideal bass for the price.

I picked up my 55-01 used from ebay for 'bout $560 with hard case & quilt top.

6. A 55-01 is my main bass and I love mine; it has very nice playability and very useable electronics. They are a bit "nice" sounding, though.

7. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I'm a huge Spector fan, but a NS2000 doesn't, IMHO, even touch a Lakland 55-01. If it were a Euro model or a Legend, then I'd vote Spector. Go with the Lakland.

8. Shakey

Shakey Vote for Pedro!!

Apr 12, 2005
    Roanoke, Va
    Although I've never played the Spector...it sounds like the best deal.

9. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    i vote for Lakland

10. nspbass

nspbass

Nov 26, 2004
    bump

11. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    you say bumb for the Lakland

12. I used to have one of those same Spectors. If you go with that, you better have a good strap. those things are heavy as anything. Lots of nice heavy maple. Sounded good though. And yes, Spector's body design is one the mst comfortable to play.

13. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    They have different sounds. I think both would be great basses, however, I'd go with the Lakland. I love em.

14. primus_55

primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    Lakland

15. dannoman

dannoman Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004

Yeah, where are you getting it for $650?????

16. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Lakland :D