Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

which bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wotnwhy, Dec 14, 2001.

1. what do you think would be the best bass for around 500-600quid (about $800-1000 i think) anyway, there are a few i like the look of which are

Warwick Streamer standard

a few ibaneze basses (EDA 905, EDC 700 ect)

Yammaha BBG4a

De Armond Pilot Delux

or a thunderbird

thanx for n e opinions

2. Bass Collection 330 series
    Yamaha RBX 760
    Iceni Zoot
    Ibanez BTB

don't bother with the warwick standard, all the basses above are better, if your gonna buy a warwick, u wanna be spending £1000 or more fer a decent one IMO

hope this helps
    *Si*

3. Yep, I'd go for an Ibanez BTB400. Excellent basses for the money. As for the streaner standard dont bother. poorly constructed and made of pretty shoddy materials. If you want a Warwick try second hand, I just got one from www.scoot.com, its an ads site. Just search the "music" catagory under Warwick. Or an new Warwick, the Corvette Standards are decent, for a passive.

4. Whoops, bad link. i mean

TADAAAAAAAAAAAA

www.loot.com

Scoot is its affiliate.

sim

5. Try the Brian Moore i2000 Series bass. Best bass in that price range IMO. Check them out...
    www.bmcguitars.com

6. if your gonna spend about 1000 bux, why not add on another 200 bucks and get a nice stingray.

7. i wouldn't do that because i don't really like stingrays (i don't know why it's just one of those things)

8. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I love Warwicks personally and have owned a Streamer Standard. While not the best, it did fine for me. You can definitely get more for your money with any brand USED - but buyer beware...

For that range, I've seen used Thumbs and Corvettes...

9. I've been using a Stingray to record and know where your comming from with that comment.....I too am looking for a new bass right now..I'd recomend the Ibanez BTB series

10. Perhaps you could check out an MTD Heir or Kingston and replace the pickups and/or preamp. Everyone kneels at Michael Tobias' alter, and people say nothing but glowing things about these basses.

Otherwise, check around for a good deal on a Peavey Cirrus or Millennium.

11. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Reverend Rumblefish! TONE! I didn't like the Warwick Streamer Standard that I played. Peavey G-bass is cool but has a signature sound without great tonal options. Peavey Millennium ROCKS but is more $ than you may be talking about. Remember, read all of these posts and consider their input and then do whatever the **** you want!!