Which Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MacDaddy, Feb 17, 2002.

Which bass?

Poll closed Feb 24, 2002.
  1. Carvin LB70

7 vote(s)
  2. Warwick Corvette

14 vote(s)
  1. MacDaddy

Jan 26, 2002
    Provo, UT, USA
    I'm completely torn between these two basses: Carvin LB70 (walnut w/ figured walnut top) or a Warwick Corvette. Which do you like better?
  2. i like the warwick better... but it should be your choice.
  3. I voted Carvin mainly because I think you get more for your money and as much as I like the Warwicks...I can`t deal with the "thick" necks.Ultimately you have to be the one to decide though...

Best wishes!

4. mgood

Sep 29, 2001
    Levelland, Texas
    An LB70 has been my main bass since I bought it new in late 1989. No bass I've yet found could get me to trade in my Carvin.

I do like Warwicks, but not as much.
  5. well, I've never played a carvin, but I'm not a real Warwick fan.
  6. I have a Carvin and love it. People like their Warwicks though. I'm sure you would be happy with whichever one you choose so flip a coin and go for it.
  7. I've never played the Corvette, but I have a Carvin LB70 from about '92 or '93. I think it has a Poplar body and humbucking pickups, but I think the tone leaves a little to be desired. That could be due to the body wood or the pickups, which some people don't care for. I also have a new B5 with a Swamp Ash body and HB2/J99 configuration, and it sounds pretty darn good! I would recommend that pickup configuration on an LB70.