Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

which bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bithas, Apr 2, 2003.

1. bithas

bithas

Mar 30, 2003
    Ibanez BTB1000
    Gibson THunderbird
    MIA Fender delux p-bass

what do you guys think?

2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Of the three I'd pick the Fender.

3. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I'd say Fender.. maybe cause I'm a Fender freak, but I've only played one Ibanez I've liked.. not a clue what model a friend of mine owns it... and I saw a Gibson Les Paul just tilt over off a stand and snap in half.. and I ding my basses quite a lot and nothing's been broken.. it even slammed into a cabinet's metal door knobs when it slid off a stand and went face first into the floor... and just a minor ding on it... but then again the Gibson was an electric guitar not sure how fragile their basses are...

4. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    I'd narrow it down between the Gibson & Fender. If I was younger, I'd get the T-bird. I had one when I was younger and I loved it. But having said that...the Fender is probably the more versatile of the three IMO.

5. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    A Fender is at home in almost any musical situation.

7. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
  8. As the sun sets

As the sun sets Guest

Dec 10, 2002
    N. Easton, MA
    Fender.

Although, I'd personally prefer the jazz over the precision.

9. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    i say FENDER ,they reliable as hell and dollar for dollar they are the most cost efficient, go play all of them and see wich one speaks to you,
    an old bass player friend of mine told me this when i could'nt decide on wich bass to up-grade to when i wanted to make a step up from my IBANEZ GRS200
    get some info on the basses you r interested in,then play them all and you will know which one is for you when you get it in your hands,
    it will "feel" right,it will be comfortable and easy to play
    good luck
    PS you'll know it when you see it