Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mattmiell, Apr 10, 2003.

1. mattmiell

mattmiell

Apr 10, 2003
    Slough
    I'm about to by my first bass but choosing which one to buy is VERY hard to do!

I mainly want to play funk and jazz but know next to nothing about basses! I also need a half decent amp as well.

Problem is that i only have about £500 to spend! I was gonna get both second hand so that i could get something a bit better but i really need help on choosing which ones to go for....HELP!

2. buy a fender. Everyone should own atleast one fender in their life.

3. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Yes, for your style, a Fender Jazz bass may be a good choice. Most everybody seems to like them.

4. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    Another vote for the Fender Jazz. I don't even have one anymore but given your situation that would be my choice.

5. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I agree.. I'm actually loving Fenders, and Fenders are what I'll be using until I can afford anything better, well not necessarily better.. just different.. like Fodera or Sadowsky, Sadowskies and Laklands n whatever to me are just high-end Fenders :p