Which bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by StarchMan, Aug 9, 2003.

1. StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    I had my eyes set on a Streamer LX 5, but today I got an email for a sweet price on a Corvette Standard 5 or a Pedulla Rapture J2 5.
    Streamer $900 (early 90s)
    Corvette $700 (1995)
    Pedulla $995 (2001)

Which bass is a better buy and would suit hard rock better? I'm confused..I was gunna send off the money for the Streamer friday, but now look what I found! haha. Help me out here.
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    A Corvette and a Rapture have a very different feel to the neck-do you have a chance to play these basses?
  3. StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    Nope, that's the problem with living where I live. I am used to 16mm close string spacing on 5'ers with more rounded necks on the back. I know the Warwicks have a D shaped neck, making them chunky. I hear the Rapture isn't very thick, is close spaced and has nice playability. My fingers aren't that long, so I tend to not curl my thumb over the top of 5'ers. Generally I keep to the middle to reduce any stress on my wrist and whatnot. That's the only thing that concerns me about Warwicks.
  4. if you like the D shaped neck with closer string spacing I think the warwick would be more to your like for the playability. Pedualla Raptures have a wider flatter neck. I guess you could compare the neck vibe to a fender or music man 5-sting.

I would go with the streamer. do you know what year exactly. if you can get a real early 90's one that was made in the origonal factory it will be a very sweet bass. I also like the streamer body shape a lot more than the corvette body shape. the Pedulla would be a sweet bass to it is just very different from the warwick. if you could get to a guitar center most of them carry those brands.
  5. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    warwick streamer!
  6. GRCorman

GRCorman Guest

Oct 29, 2002
    I vote Pedulla

7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I would get the streamer, even though i like corvettes, the streamer sounds nicer, especially compared to the 5.
  8. StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    I'm afraid of the neck on her especially since it's early 90's ovangkol and I can't try it out first..