Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by StarchMan, Aug 9, 2003.

1. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    I had my eyes set on a Streamer LX 5, but today I got an email for a sweet price on a Corvette Standard 5 or a Pedulla Rapture J2 5.
    Streamer $900 (early 90s)
    Corvette $700 (1995)
    Pedulla $995 (2001)

Which bass is a better buy and would suit hard rock better? I'm confused..I was gunna send off the money for the Streamer friday, but now look what I found! haha. Help me out here.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    A Corvette and a Rapture have a very different feel to the neck-do you have a chance to play these basses?

3. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    Nope, that's the problem with living where I live. I am used to 16mm close string spacing on 5'ers with more rounded necks on the back. I know the Warwicks have a D shaped neck, making them chunky. I hear the Rapture isn't very thick, is close spaced and has nice playability. My fingers aren't that long, so I tend to not curl my thumb over the top of 5'ers. Generally I keep to the middle to reduce any stress on my wrist and whatnot. That's the only thing that concerns me about Warwicks.

4. if you like the D shaped neck with closer string spacing I think the warwick would be more to your like for the playability. Pedualla Raptures have a wider flatter neck. I guess you could compare the neck vibe to a fender or music man 5-sting.

I would go with the streamer. do you know what year exactly. if you can get a real early 90's one that was made in the origonal factory it will be a very sweet bass. I also like the streamer body shape a lot more than the corvette body shape. the Pedulla would be a sweet bass to it is just very different from the warwick. if you could get to a guitar center most of them carry those brands.

5. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    warwick streamer!

6. GRCorman

GRCorman Guest

Oct 29, 2002
    Pennsylvania
    I vote Pedulla

GRC

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I would get the streamer, even though i like corvettes, the streamer sounds nicer, especially compared to the 5.

8. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    I'm afraid of the neck on her especially since it's early 90's ovangkol and I can't try it out first..