1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which Basslines J/MM models did Lakland use?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by maconbass, Sep 23, 2008.

1. I bought a Basslines MM pickup a while back that was apparently from a Lakland. Now I'd like to find the correct J pickup to pair up to it. Does anyone know which pickup models Lakland used? I contacted Seymour Duncan about this before and never got a reply.

2. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I've been wondering the same thing for a while. Anyone know?

3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    When did Lakland use Basslines ? Only Laklands I've had came with Bartolini, Fralin or Aero pickups ... We know they did the Dark Star Decade (a moment of silence please...then all bow to the alter of St Hammon :D)

...Never heard that they did basslines though.

4. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I'm pretty sure they were custom pickups made special for Lakland. You're probably better off contacting Lakland about how to get ahold of the right J pickup--it would be a stacked humbucker that matches the two stacked coils inside the MM, I believe.

Mike

5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    My 44-02 came with Bart's. A coil tappable MM in the rear and what I believe was a standard 9J in the front.

6. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Barts were the standard pickup before Lakland came out with their own line, but Basslines were optional.

Mike

7. Thanks. Yea, the reason I had to get the MM Basslines from a Lakland is because the bass I installed it in has 3/4" spacing (MTD Kingston) and all the standard Basslines seem to just fit MusicMan basses. However, I figured the J pickup might be one of their standard pickups. I will contact Lakland and see if I have any luck.

8. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
  9. Well, Lakland already replied which is impressive. He recommended pairing it up with the sjb-5n which is a stacked blade style pickup. That's odd considering that the Lakland Basslines were exposed pole pickups. I think I will stick with their recommendation though.

10. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I believe they used the single coil stack model, but I don't see it on the Basslines website anymore.