Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which beat/song is know by the most?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by The Antipop, May 25, 2004.

1. you think

We Will Rock You

or

Smoke on the Water?

curious

2. gotta be smoke on the water.

that song was the single reason i started bass!

Charlie

3. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Nah, the Queen tune is played in sports events/arenas around the world. The first three notes is usually all that's needed to get the crowd to respond, start stomping their feet and clapping their hands. Personally I like the Deep Purple better, but I'll have to go with the We Will Rock You on this one.

4. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    The seinfeld theme, because whenever a bassist slaps they're playing the seinfeld theme. :rollseyes:

5. ironmaidenisgod

ironmaidenisgod

May 20, 2004
    I agree,though it might be the world's most overrated tune.

6. this is our debate at work, something radio stations will play (so no Happy bday type songs).

so, I thought, lets get some opinions

7. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I imagine the most recognizeable song is probably some religious crap like "Amazing Grace" or something.

8. heck, if those townspeople from A Knight's Tale we're chanting We Will Rock You back in the Middle Ages, I guess it must be very popular, quite possibly more popular than Smoke On the Water, since Deep Purple wasn't around until the 70s. Does it smell of bacon in here?