1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which Berg with a Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2? CN112 v HD112?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lloydage, Oct 29, 2013.

1. lloydage

lloydage

Nov 23, 2012
    I am trying to decide whether to get a CN112 or a HD112 to go with my shuttle.

I play a MusicMan Big Al and we do heavy fast R&B ie The Pirates, The Strypes, Dr Feelgood

Any thoughts?

2. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

I'm sure they would both sound great, but I would prefer the HD-112.... I've used a Shuttle 9.2 with a HT-112ER previously and it was a great rig.. The HD is somewhat similar.. I've been using the 9.2 with a CN-112 recently and all though it's pretty cool, I thought the HT had more..

3. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    I use the Shuttle 9 / HD112 regularly for rehearsals and gigs. Very stout and toneful little rig.

4. Yes, with the 'bright and tight' Shuttle 9, the slightly bigger low end and somewhat more relaxed mids and upper mids of the HD112 would most likely be a better stand-alone solution.

The HD112 and HT112ER, as far as I know, differ only in the tweeter and crossover. The HT112ER is much more upper treble extended and 'hi fi' crisp. The HD112 shares a tweeter and top end voicing with the CN and other HD cabs.

All nice stuff, but with that head, and for a single 112 rig, I'd go with the HD112.

5. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    In fact, the S9/HD112 rig sounds so good, it has me thinking about a 2nd HD112 down the road.:ninja:

bassdudepat likes this.