Which Bergantino on top of my HT212?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Big String, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Hey Bergantino lovers, Happy New Year!
    Doing a little survey here wondering which Bergantino cab I should get to go on top of my beloved HT212 for future outside gigs this season. I'm considering a HT210 first off. I see a lot of posts on the disappearing HT310 which if I read correctly is now replaced by the HT322. Actully the HT322 would be my first choice, but I'm looking for economy and something a little lighter, hence the 210 interest. I just don't know how they would sound together. I remember a conversation with Jim B. and he said the 210 was best suited for the 1x15 under it. Your experiances and oppions please.
  2. Hi Josh,
    I'm using a Qsc 2402 which I would run in parallel so it wouldn't matter if one cab was 8ohm and one 4ohm. I just wondered how the speakers would sound together or compliment one another.
  3. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I did the same thing as Josh is describing, 1x12+2x12. It worked very well, that way you have 1, 2, or 3 12's to suit you needs, only I did it with Epifani's.
  4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

IMO the HT212 has plenty of ass. I would put an HT210 on top of it.

I keep forgetting names, but I'm aware of one TBer who runs HT310/HT212 and another who runs HT322/HT212. :eek: :cool:
  5. I'd vote for the 2x10. I've got a 2x10 + 2x12 setup (Aguilar) and I love it. Of course, now I'm wondering how a Bergantino 322 would sound in comparison!
  6. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    For loud gigs, I use a Bergie 3/10....but on a lot of gigs I just throw the HT1/12 on top.....to me the focus & tightness of the 1/12 blends nicely with the
  7. Hey Guys, nice to hear from all of you.
    I do have the HT212 and HT112. so I'm dialed in so far. I'm wondering how a HT210 would sound with the 112, probably pretty good. I think one of our TB'r has that. O.K. Jim B., chime in any time here...
    I think the 112 and 210 would sound excellent, but I don't think it would be the same as the HT322 compliment coming from two cabs as opposed to one. I know Jim expressed that when I asked about the two 112 vs. the 212. I assume it's probably the same senario, but still might be pretty cool. And...I could run the 4ohm 212 on one side of my QSC and the 112 + 210 (each 8ohms) on the other side. WOW! :eek: Also the 212 and the 210 parallel or bridged. Lots of combinations.

? fo Jerry. Jerry, I thought you used your 212 for "loud gigs" not the 310? Is the 310 actually louder or just more pronounce/punch?
  8. Did a little searching on my own question today:
    Thanks, your welcome. Darn, I just answered myself, oh oh

Hi AJ,

Sorry about the confusion on your last email. I compared the 322 to the two
    112 setup you have rather than to a seperate 210 /112 configuration. So to
    answer your question, our HT210 along with our HT112 (or EX112) would yield a
    different soninc signature than our 322. To begin with, like I stated
    earlier, our HT112 uses a different woofer which was designed more for punch
    and midrange clarity than low frequency extension. This in turn means that
    the 112 portion of the 322 will have more low frequency extension and impact
    than an HT112 or EX112. The 210 portion of the 322 is essentially the same
    configuration as our HT210. However the xover is different to accomadate the
    addition of the 12. Therefore the 322 will offer better coupling between
    components than an HT112 / HT210 combo since it was designed as a single,
    stand alone cabinet. The tweeter in all our cabinets is the same except for
    the HT112 which uses our high quality (and expensive!) bullet tweeter.

As for added low frequency coupling when using two 112s together, the answer
    is yes, you will get more low frequency reinforcement due to the coupling of
    the 2 cabinets. Two HT112's pack an incredible punch for cabinets of their
    size without losing focus or clarity at high volumes, even with 5 strings!
    Often bass players mistake clarity for volume and feel they need more or
    larger speaker, or more powerful amplifiers, when in fact they just need to
    hear their bass. Speakers which artificially inflate the bass usually do so
    at the expense of clarity and midrange definition, not to mention the so
    called "farting" at even moderate volumes on the lower notes.

I hope this helps answer your questions. Let me know if I can assist you

Jim Bergantino
  9. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Big String......I use the 2/12 for almost every gig except small ones........I just throw the 3/10 ontop the 2/12for "louder" gigs:D