Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which big muff pi is the best?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass_player_cd, Jan 15, 2002.

1. bass_player_cd

bass_player_cd terminated.

Aug 21, 2000
    OK
    Which electro harmonix big muff pi pedal is the best? I mean which one has the best distortion and sustain in it? I saw a vintage 70's big muff pi pedal and the guy said it had the best screaming-feedback distortion. If anybody knows which one is the best or can send me some sound clips please reply or email me.

bass_player_cd@yahoo.com

2. Dino

Dino

Jan 9, 2002
    Cagliari - Italy
    I prefer the NYC version (the last). It is made in usa and has been designed by Fran of Frantone (www.frantone.com). Surely better than the black russian sovtek.

3. i've played on the russian model and sounde very cool. From what i've heard is the usa model has never ending sustain...

4. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    Is the Big Muff any good for bass?

5. Dino

Dino

Jan 9, 2002
    Cagliari - Italy
    big muff is very good for bass, it has an infinite sustain and don't earases low frequencies. A really good distortion. However i prefer pro-co Rat 2 and turbo rat too.

6. "infinite" sustain?? ha

7. Dino

Dino

Jan 9, 2002
    Cagliari - Italy
    Yes, sorry, it will ends, but just take my expression for whot it whant to be: an emphatic way to tell what seemed to me :p .