Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which brand/type smart media card for Boss BR-532?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Bob C, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    I just ordered a BR-532 and plan to get some 128MB cards. There are lots on ebay for good prices, but are they all compatible?

Many are listed as handling 3.3V, but I think Boss sales literature says their cards are 3V.

Of those of you who own the BR-532, which card did you buy? From where? How much? $80 is way too much to pay for a new 128 MB card.

Thanks,

Bob

2. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    Okay, I've found lots of cards from shop-online-stores. The prices vary a lot.

The Musician's Friend catalog lists Boss BR-532 accesories: Simple Tech 3V smart media card. But everywhere else they are listed as 3.3V. Is this the same thing?

I should know this, but I don't. I don't know if this is addressed in the Boss owner's manual, because I don't have the recorder yet.

Bob

3. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    Okay, so I received my BR-532. Right on the cover for the card slot it says "3.3V". Also, in the manual it says cards from cameras and computer stores can be used, but must be formatted first. I don't know why noone else could tell me this.