1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which cab for the Tonehammer 500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ChuckTrucks, Jul 31, 2012.

1. ChuckTrucks

ChuckTrucks

Jul 28, 2012
    When I bought my Th500 the only cabs they had were the GS112s and they sounded great but of course I wanted to hear the other cabs. I read that a lot of people say they like the DB112s as well as a few people with the SL112s.

I think Ive seen DB112s used the most.

The lightweight of the SL112s intrigue me.

2. Lo-E

Lo-E

Dec 19, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'm pretty happy with the SL112 for gigs where I don't need to be too loud. For gigs with louder rock bands, I recommend a pair of them.

The SL has an old-school kind of sound. Not the presence and scoop of a lot of more modern-sounding cabs. I like it.

3. Dragan

Dragan

Oct 5, 2009
    DB 112 all the way!!!!

4. ChuckTrucks

ChuckTrucks

Jul 28, 2012
    Apologies on missing that other thread. I read it and appreciate the link.

The SL112 is interesting because Im constantly on the move with my bass. I put it in my truck and just roll out, lots of jamming, open mics, and then gigging. I was outta work for a few months and as a result of no money had been direct into mixers. Im a "new" bass player. I used to play rhythm guitar but decided to go to bass to jam with some people that needed a bass player, thing is I had no gear! Now that I have a bit of cash I decided to grab that Th500 after I heard it and the price was good. Im thinking of driving down to Dallas and playing through the DB and SL cabs. I would probably be satisfied with any of the Aguilar 12" cabs.

I play blues/rock. My drummer uses an electric drum kit and my guitar player has a custom shop Strat and a Ceriatone "Dumble". We play in a lot of volume sensative places.