Which cab should i add to my current GS410/DB750 rig?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, May 26, 2002.

1. I'm thinking i want to add an extra cab to my rig that already consists of a GS410 and DB750. I'm looking at either the GS115 or GS212. What do you guys think?
  2. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Oh cookie. decisions, decisions, eh? life can be so hard. :D ;)

i say go the classic 1x15 route. but if you're gonna go Aggie, keep in mind, their 1x15's are heavy. the website says 80 lbs, but my friend's back and my back say at least 95-100. :eek:
  3. I say go for the 2x12. That way, I can live vicariously through you.. I'm really diggin' my 2x10 + 2x12 but I kinda wish the 2x10 was a 4x10!
    Seriously, though, 4x10 + 2x12 would be awesome.
  4. Joker: Yeah, even if it is like 95-100, i already have the 410 which is really heavy so at that point i would still have to lift that much anyways.

Dave Siff: How are the lows on the roundness on the 212? I know that the 15 with 10s has that kind of roundness to it, so with the 212 and 10s, how is that roundness factor?
  5. The 2x12 definitely adds a nice, round bottom end, like a 15. I've gotten down on the floor to listen to both cabs.. I'll pluck a note and put my ear right up to the 2x12, then the 2x10, then back to the 2x12 just to hear the difference. The 2x12 is nice and strong in the lows without being muddy, while the 2x10 adds snap and growl. It's a nice combination.
  6. dabassr

dabassr Gold Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2002
    FYI there is an Aguilar ad in the new Bass Player magazine showing a pretty impressive stack: a DB 750 setting on a GS 410, sitting on a GS115 (all setting next to a second stack topped with a DB 728 on a second GS 410, on a second GS 115).
    Now this is excessive! :cool:
  7. You could always get a 115 made by a different manufacturer. The SWR Son of Bertha (in edition to sounding great), is really compact and only weighs 60 lbs. It may look funny under your 410 and DB 750, but you might find that it's worth it.
  8. Well the size of the GS115 doesn't bother me though.
  9. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    have you stood next to one, cookie? its like a washing machine. :eek:

contrast that to Epifani's 1x15 which i nearly mistook for a 1x12. :D small, and pretty light @ 50 lbs.
  10. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

Get the Ag 15. It'll match the rig and you won't be kicking yourself later. I would think the 2-12 cab would me more suited to a single cab rig.
  11. bben

Feb 28, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Get another 410, then you can turn up to 11 and kill small rodents crossing the stage.
  12. If the size of the GS 115 doesn't bother you, just get it. Just make sure that it really doesn't bother you because like jokerjkny said, there are other cabs out there that will also sound great and are a whole lot smaller and lighter like Epifani, and to a lesser extent SWR.
  13. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    yea, i was actually thinking the same thing about the 2x12's. actually, if i ever go large rig, i'd prolly be looking at a pair of 2x12's. OOOooo, just the thought gives me goosebumps... hehe.. :D
  14. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer

Are you in a really loud band that rarely gets PA support?

I am, and with one GS410 and an old SWR SM-400 I can fill a 200 person room with plenty of tone. Seeing as how you've got a nicer amp than me I can only imagine that you are wel on your way to playing rather large gigs. Otherwise why not save the dough?

Silly me, it's really all about having more than the next guy, right? ;)