1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which cab should i build?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FcSchondel, Aug 6, 2007.

1. FcSchondel

FcSchondel

Jul 2, 2007
    Hi. I'm about to build my own cab, and i wondered if any of you guys had some ideas

I want to use it with my roland bass cube, and i doesn't have to be huge or anything. i just want some experience so that later i could build a bigger, more expensive and better cab.

Actually it would be nice to build something a bit easy..

so i wondered if any of you guys have any experience, scematichs or good links..

Thanks

2. take a look at www.billfitzmaurice.com. I have one of his plans...I haven't built it yet (omni 10).

There are lots of other plans out there too. I know lots of TBers have built there own stuff.

3. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    The new Bill Fitzmaurice Omni 15 Tallboy looks sweet.

4. FcSchondel

FcSchondel

Jul 2, 2007
    thanks. actually i have also been looking at the omni 10, i just wanted some advise.

5. FcSchondel

FcSchondel

Jul 2, 2007
    it looks kinda nice:)

6. FcSchondel

FcSchondel

Jul 2, 2007
    if there's not any more ideas i think i will goe for the omni 10

7. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

The Omni 10 looks like a great speaker. If I were building one I'd go for the Omni 15 Tallboy, but if size is a concern then the 10 will still be outstanding.

8. Build the Omni10 in the wider configuration that uses the cross-fire tweeter arrangement. The wider box gives a better bottom end. You do not have to use the cross-fire tweeter arrangement if you build the wider box.

9. Maurice Carr

Maurice Carr

Aug 7, 2004
    Mt Wellington, Auckland, NZ
    Authorised BFM and fEARful cab builder: New Zealand
    +1