Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

which cab should I choose?!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bass-only, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Bass-only

Bass-only Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Cleveland
    I could use a few suggestions from folks who have tried (or compared) an Eden 410XLT, a Euphonic Audio VL-210 and a Bergantino HT-310.

The way it works out I can get a Bergantino or (a newer VL-210 with the larger, 105 oz magnets) for approx. $300 more than the Eden. Are they worth the difference? Which is your preference and why?

I've tried the Eden and was impressed (I currently have a 210XLT and a 210MBX). I don't have a EA or Bergantino dealer anywhere around me to try them.

I have an Eden WT800 and WT300 heads.

I have heard the EA cabs are "power hungry" but sound incredible. I also hear the Bergantino's are awesome!

Opinions please!

Thanks!

2. I would stick with Eden.They are pretty hard to beat.They cost too much for me though. :(

3. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    Get the Bergantino! It will surprise you on how mu ch low end there is! The Edens are good too, but the Berg's sound better in every department.

4. Bass-only

Bass-only Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Cleveland
    Well, I ended up ordering the Bergantino HT-310.

I figure I skipped a step by passing on the Eden and going straight to the Bergantino - in the never-ending quest for the ultimate rig!

I should have it in a week and I'll let you know how it sounds!

Thanks for the replies, Usul & fast slapper!

5. abaguer

abaguer

Nov 27, 2001
    Milford, NJ
    As an Eden user myself who just got an ACME low b2 (210) I have to say the jump to EA, Bergantino, Epifani or Acme really does make a difference. It also makes a difference what music you play. I play both electric and upright (Fodera Imperial 5, Kay upright, Knutson elec/upright) and although I liked the sound of the Eden, the Acme is clearer, has more bottom and is much more uncolored. The drawback about Acmes is that they are very inefficient. Epifani, Bergantino and EA are more efficient but also much more expensive. My Acme b-2 was 460 bucks new and IMHO is just as good as the other two brands except for the efficiency. I have a Walter Woods 1200 watt amp so power wasn't so much an issue. If power is an issue I would go with either Epifani, EA or Bergantino. But as much as liked the Eden T210 that I had (and I'm still keeping it), the sound of the above-mentioned cabs IS a step above tonally. Good luck.