1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

which cab should i go for?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Darko74, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Darko74

Darko74

May 18, 2007
    Dublin, Ireland
    Im using a gallien krueger 700rb, which i recently bought and like alot. Im using it with a Hartke 4x10 transporter cab at the moment. Im looking to get a new 4x10 and was thinking about going for Hartke 4.5XL. I play mostly a musicman stingray but sometimes a warwick proline corvette. Im wondering what people think of this cab or if they have any suggestions on something else. I am looking for something around the same price range as the Hartke 4.5XL.
    thanks for any help.

2. def check out dr bass cab. really good cabs for a great price.... www.drbasscabs.com
    keep an eye out on your local craig's list for a good used Mesa or Ampeg also.

just my .02

3. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    the 4.5XL will smoke the 410TP

4. Darko74

Darko74

May 18, 2007
    Dublin, Ireland
    think ill just go for the 4.5XL!

5. I played a 4.5xl for about 10 yrs and then thought I needed to up grade. I got a SWR triad and then a Accugroove El Whappo Jr. Neither of these newer cabs will play any louder or deeper or with any more articulation than the 4.5xl, they just sound a little different.