Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

which cab to buy?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by traynor1132, Jul 28, 2005.

1. traynor1132

traynor1132

Dec 10, 2002
    new york
    hi guys been lookin at jorgs cabs the 4-10 is lookin good.I have a fafner and a swr 400s now the question is would i be better off with two smaller cabs being that the ebs goes down to two ohms the 400 s is rated at 8 ohms .use the fafner for outdoor stuff ,swr for backup ,could i use the swr in stereo.what ohm cabs would be best and how would i wire the cabs swr says to use jumper cables been using it in bridge mode or is the 4-10 my best bet thanks larry t www.listreetsurvivors.com

2. joeyhimself

joeyhimself

Jul 17, 2005
    . <---- This is a period. It comes at the end of a complete sentence. Try using it. Seriously though, your post is almost impossible to read. Sorry if I'm being a jerk.

3. traynor1132

traynor1132

Dec 10, 2002
    new york
    hooked on phonics will help you get through the problem your perceiving ,now can you answer my original post. drugs kill! any other people, swr 400s owners?

Attached Files:

4. WOOFMAN

WOOFMAN

Mar 12, 2003
    USA, PNW
    what kind of amp are u using as a pwr sorce, how loud and how much pwr are we looking :hyper:

5. traynor1132

traynor1132

Dec 10, 2002
    new york
    right now i want to use the swr 400-s in stereo its 8 ohm,400 watts

6. WOOFMAN

WOOFMAN

Mar 12, 2003
    USA, PNW
    Well, to get optimal seperation and stereo sound you should go with a bass preamp setup with L/R and mono outputs. Use the Monorual output for lower frequencies/Subfrequencies less than 160 hz. or so. The L/R outputs can be routed to dedicated effects or amps that will feed your Left side and Right side SWR cabs with higher frequencies. The problem with low frequencies is that they seems nondirection, even more so as the distance from the source is increased. I suggest using a preamp that has a ping-pong effect so that when you hit your strings the sound will automatically shift from your left to right or vice versa. Hope this helps.

7. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    Here is your best bet. Call Jorg Schroeder, he has tested his cabs with every head he could get his hands on and knows how they react with one another. He would be happy to give you recomendations as far as what cab would suit your style the best. He might recomend one cab or two, give him a call before you go any further. :eyebrow:

8. traynor1132

traynor1132

Dec 10, 2002
    new york
    :hyper: thank you for the answer larry t.

9. traynor1132

traynor1132

Dec 10, 2002
    new york
    that model was discontinued by sears in 1966 , but my gorilla amp has that feature lol at 330 gigawatts