1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which cab to get??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hevy T, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Hevy T

Hevy T Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Lethbridge, AB Canada
    I have an Ampeg PF500 head and returned the 4X10 Rumble cab because I never liked it.

Now there is someone here in town selling a Peavey Tour 210 and also another person selling a Behringer BA115 600 watt.

Which would be a better match for this head. I am leaning towards the Peavey but am unsure of the volume it would create

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    You have a nice modern light amp. Please don't strangle it by using cheap cabinets.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Buy cheap, buy twice, especially when it comes to cabs! Skimp on anything else except the cab. Tour 210 isn't bad, but man, that Behringer stuff sounds like cardboard.

4. musicman666

musicman666

Sep 11, 2011
    ca
    Save some cash and get yourself a couple of PF cabs..

5. Neither. Some Peavey stuff can be good, but Behringer is bottom of the barrel when it comes to pretty much everything bass. Save up and get an Ampeg 410 or something like that.

6. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Not too many guy's 1st 210 choice, but the Tour 210 is still a nice box, especially if you're getting it for a good buck. Pasadena on the Behringer.

7. AngusHasMoxie

AngusHasMoxie Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Easthampton, MA
    Formerly endorsed by Carvin, Basson and Dimarzio
    If you didn't like the rumble, you probably won't like either of the other cabs. You're gonna have to move up in price.

If you have to have one of those, go with the peavey. At least it will be reliable.

8. milkman-27

milkman-27

Jul 4, 2009
    I just got the Peavey 210 yesterday and paired it the the Peavey 115 and it rocks to say the least. I had to get a rig on a limited budget and these are what the local stores had. We don't have much luck with used equipment where I live, so I went with these and I am not disappointed. Also, mixing speaker sizes wasn't the train wreck that alot of people on here claim it to be either.

9. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    I bought a peavey vb 210 new about a year ago and have enjoyed it. I had a ampeg hlf sitting right next to it and compared the two. the peavey had a flat response and the hlf had very scooped mids and lots of lows with to me means you will not hear it on a loud stage so i sold the ampeg and kept the peavey. The VB
    210 is constructed using
    a premium grade of 12 mm Baltic
    Birch plywood with extensive internal
    bracing, and is covered with durable
    polyurethane HammerHead
    finish.
    The cabinet includes a black cloth
    grille with a wooden plywood frame for
    that warm musical “tone”.(copied that) I use it by its self all the time with little mark 2 or my eden wt300. i have a swr son of birtha 1 15 i use with it on outdoor shows. And yes milkman be careful with the speaker size mixing around hear people get very upset to say the very least.

10. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Pairing a 210 with a 115 is not the trainwreck everyone talks about. It's the 410/115 that gets the heat, and rightly so.

11. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    it a winning combo you see it everywhere.

12. Bassdirty

Bassdirty

Jul 23, 2010
    CT
    +1

Can you say what you didnt like about the rumble 410?
    Because if its just "not bassey enough" , the choices you listed will NOT be better.

The rumble may not have been awesome, but it most likely moved more air than that peavey will.
    A 210 will not compete with a 410 (usually)

definately shop used, but also try alot of stuff out.

and finally, do not get the behringer.
    Jimmys right, dont cheap out on the cab. a good cab will be the biggest difference in your sound (and last you hella longer) ..yes I said "hella".

Good luck my freind.