Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which cab to match with an Epifani410UL for added lows- 212UL or 115UL?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by djshawn47, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Does anyone have any experience with the Epifani UL115. I have the 410UL and I love it, but I’d like to beef up the low end a little with a second cab. I don’t know whether to go with a 212 or the 115. Your comments are appreciated.

2. I do not have experience with the 115UL, but am surprised you need more lows than the 410UL puts out. I would not think that small 115 cab would help you out much... and the 212UL IMO doesn't have a significantly extended low end versus the 410UL (the original T-212 is another story).

It might be that the voicing of the cab does not fit your playing style, or that you are not putting enough power into it (even though it's very efficient). I feel I can knock walls down with my 4ohm 410UL and a Thunderfunk550. However, it's not a 2x15" speaker type low end. If you are looking for that kind of low end, I'd sell the 410UL and check out a different cab... like the Berg NV line or the AG El Whappo.

3. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    +1 on dat. My 410UL can fling out more low end than I can stand. :eek:

4. MacGroove

MacGroove Brother of the Groove with a 'Pocket Full of Funk'

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    I can't believe you're not getting enough low end out of your 410UL either. It may be your amp. I've used my Crown MT1200, WWU and Epi 502UL and had tons of low end. But the low end you want might be more in the lower end frequencies.
    Before I got my 410UL I was using an Epi NYC210 and NYC115 together that was able to fulfill my low end needs, but that was before the UL's were available. Christian McBride uses a 410 and 115 NYC's. A 410UL and 212UL will be a very BIG sound but don't know if that'll be what you want if you need to add some low end. Give Nick a call, he'd be more than helpful when you explain your needs.

5. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I agree with KJung on this...if the 410UL isn't giving you enough low end then it may just be that the tonal attributes of the Epi UL line don't match up with your sound. Adding a 115UL or 212UL may be over compensating when just switching cabs to an El Whappo or something similar may get the job done.

What style of music do you play, and what kind of tone do you usually go for?

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    there's always the lows knob...

...ducks for cover...

:p