Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which cabinet?!? Ahhh!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jeff O'Connor, May 7, 2005.

1. Jeff O'Connor

Jeff O'Connor Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2004
    Stratford, CT
    Ok, I've definetly decided to go wih Avatar, but my new dilema is to go with a 4x10 or 2x12? Jeez, it never ends does it? haha :confused: I like the idea of having the low end of the 12's but I want to make sure I have the volume too.
    Thanks everyone :help:

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

The 2x12s are loud enough. What kind of music do you play?

3. Jeff O'Connor

Jeff O'Connor Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2004
    Stratford, CT
    Well, I guess anything from rockabilly/jazz stuff to pretty rockin'. :bassist: 2 bands right now! he he

4. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Maybe a 2x10 and 1x12? Best of both worlds.

5. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

That's a good combo, although I have no experience with one.

6. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    I'd go with the SB210 and SB112 cabs (I just did this setup with Bergantino). They now stack together. That way you can get the extra low end and mid punch of the 12" with the clarity and tightness of the 10". The added bonus is the portability of the rig and you've got two cabs you could use stand alone for smaller gigs.

7. revlover

revlover

May 16, 2005
    I'm tossing up between getting a 212 or a 210/112 cabinet. Who else is making 210/112s at the moment?

8. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    I currently using a 2 x 112 setup but I'm thinking about getting a 210. More specifically, I'm thinking of pairing my PS112 with a PS210. I got the word that it would be a good setup from Nick (thru MacGroove aka Gary) and from MacGroove who has played nearly all the cabs.

They both said the 112 wouldn't stand out like a 115 would, but would blend more with the 210. The 210 would be more punchy, but the 112 would provide good support. I think the word I kept hearing was 'blend'.

I'm curious to know who else has done this.

9. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    With those Avatar apparently the 212 has more mids and the 410 goes really deep. Kind of like the opposite of the norm. The 210 +12 idea is a nice alternative if you want smaller cabs and more portability.