1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which cabinet for a Fender Rumble head ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tymophil, May 8, 2015.

1. Tymophil

Tymophil

Aug 16, 2006
    Hi people,

I just bought a Fender Rumble 500 Head.
    I plan to complement this head along with two cabinets. I'll stick to Fender Rumble for convinience.

The first part of the plan is to buy a single cabinet for rehearsal, then add another one (later) for live performances.

Which cabinets would you buy ?
    1. a 112, then a second 112.
    2. a 112, then a 210.
    3. a 210, then a 112
    4. a 210, then a second 210.
    I like the fact that the 112 is very light and easy to handle. I sold my TC combo because is was a little too large. The stairs to the rehearsal room are quite narrow.

I know I should simply try those cabinets, but I can't find a place to try them (I live in France where music shops are becoming rare and don't have much choice).

Thanks

Imaginary Pony and Linnin like this.
  2. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    How much volume/SPL do you want and how much air do you need to move? The Rumble 210 cabinet is the exact same size as the Rumble 500 combo with the exact same woofers & tweeter. That's about the same size as TCE BG250-210 combo, but lighter.

My choice would be a pair of Rumble 112's. I run a pair of V2 Rumble 112 Neo's with a Rumble 350 head. I get plenty of volume with great full range sound quality, and easily fill your typical bar of 100 people without PA support.

3. hotbass57*123

hotbass57*123

Jan 8, 2015
    Ohio
    +1 on the 2 of the single 12's. I own the v3 40 (love) and the 500 v3 combo 9more love).

4. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Mixing drivers is never a good "plan." So, scrap # 2 & #3.

Then it's about the volume level you want/need. For me, I'd really prefer to not depend on a single 12 (unless it's a 3012HO, which the Rumble ain't :D ). The 210 would be an easy decision. Plus a "vertical" 410 down the line has many advantages.

The other thing to strongly consider, though, is a Rumble 115 now & one later. A 115 & a 210 from the same manufacturer & same cab series will almost always perform very closely. The 115 saves you a few Euro & kilograms vs. the 210.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  5. honeyiscool

honeyiscool

Jan 28, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    I think the 112 stack looks the best and is extremely portable, too.

Linnin likes this.
  6. iagtrplyr

iagtrplyr

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    A pair of 115 cabs and never look back...unless it's for the 4-10s you're talking about.