1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which Cabinet to go with LMK 11 ????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by faz000, Nov 17, 2006.

1. faz000

faz000

Aug 19, 2006
    Hi there,
    I have purchased a MarkBass LMK 11 and now am looking to buy a cabinet or cabinets to go with it. should I get a MarkBass cabinet????, or can anyone suggest what would sound better???
    I am playing a spector bass
    thanx

2. bebass

bebass Sho Me Music Commercial User

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Genzler, Phil Jones Bass, Cort, Traynor
    This is what I got.
    minirig4.jpg
    It is a Drbass custom 12 (bl12 with neo and different horn/crossover).
    I like it. I am ordering it's twin. The finish is awesome. Your LMII does not deserve rat fur under it.
    If I was not as concerned with weight, I would have stepped up to the 1260 or even the 2260.

3. Ale

Ale

Jul 5, 2006
    Europe
    Endorsing Artist: IGiG Cases
    It would be great if you could tell us what size your looking for , a big or a little rig.
    The markbass cabs are great , very punchy , with your spector it may be to punchy lol :D
    What kind of sound are you looking for ?

4. Ive found my Little Mark II sounds good with Bergantino cabs.

Ive tried mine with my HT322 and an HT112. Both sounded great.

5. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian

Oct 31, 2004
    bebass,
    i had a dr.bass bl1260 sold it to a TB"er
    what speaker did marc put in yours is it neo?
    if so do you know what model/weight...

cheers

edit:for the OP the markbass 121H is a good match!

6. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Markbass and Bergantino are a really killer matchup. I've been playing through mine since the new Markbass line was released (I pre-ordered mine in the first shipment to Club Bass). I can't think of a better rig for the money :)

7. bebass

bebass Sho Me Music Commercial User

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Genzler, Phil Jones Bass, Cort, Traynor
    This is the bl series cab with neo speaker with the concert series horn and crossover. It weighs a little over 30 lbs. I had a single recessed carry handle installed instead of one on each side. Easy to pick up with one hand.

8. faz000

faz000

Aug 19, 2006
    Thanks for all the replies
    Size of the rig isnt that important to me....Im just after a clean punchy sound. I feel like the MarkBass head is being wasted with the Behringer cab under it.
    I will try and find a Bergantino cab somewhere in Brisbane to play through

9. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    Yeah, I agree. I haven't tried the Markbass cabs, but a Berantino HT112 and EX112 sound really good.

10. I tried the LMII with an Epi UL-110 at GC and was VERY impressed. Can't wait to get the head in and try it with both of my UL-110s

11. I just got a LMII a few days ago. I've tried out just about every MB cab that they're selling at GC in the States right now. The MB cabs are great, especially the 410 and 610. In fact, I would have gotten the 410 but I really need something smaller. It really just depends on what kind of speaker config. you're looking for.

Personally, I'm a big fan of 10" speakers. They just seem to give me the tone I'm looking for better than any other size speaker. So, I was really wanting a 210. The MB Traveler 102P was loud, clear, and punchy but I found it lacking a little bit in low end. I probably would've gotten the MB 102HF, but they're not carrying it in the States yet. So, I ordered an Epifani PS210 from Jivesound, $549. Hopefully, it'll be what I'm looking for. Should have it later this week. I'll review it with the MB LMII then.

I've heard a lot of folks like the LMII/Bergantino or LMII/Epifani combination. Doubt you could go wrong there.

12. theophilus762

theophilus762 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    i'm picking up my LMII this week that i ordered through a local GC and I ordered an avatar b410neo tonight. i also ordered a 3 foot speakon speaker cable as well as a 15 foot canare gs6 w/ G&H Straight nickel ends from butch over at bayou cables. i also plan on picking up some new bass strings this week so i can really see how good it will sound with everything together.

can't wait until this time next week!

13. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    I got my head about a month ago and had just picked up a used Aggie GS112. Really love the combination and planning to add a UL110 to this rig.

14. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    That it does! I've tried a few of the Markbass cabs. The Traveller 210 was really impressive for its size. The rest I wasn't overly moved by. The tweeters aren't that nice compared to Berg, but then, what is?

I've been really anxious to try some Epi gear, including the cabs with my LMII. The reviews are all positive :)

15. I use EBS NEO112 and Epi T110 and am happy. Recently, I purchased Markbass 3x10 (now discontinuited) but sold it almost immediately. Not due to the sound issues (though the EBS-Epi combination sounds better to my ears), but due to the portabillity and wattage usage (4 ohms get more out of my LMK then 6 ohm of the Markbass cab).
    Good luck in finding what suits to you best.

16. I've tried an LMK II with a few Eden cabs, I found the tone to be nothing short of amazing. I think they're a fantastic match.

17. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    This sounds great. Thanks, Jong, at Jivesound!

[​IMG]

18. homerplaysbass

homerplaysbass

May 18, 2005
    Preston
    When I had a LMII, I used it with two Aggies (see pic) and it was a great combination that truly astounded people how big such a small rig could sound.

I sold the Aggies when I got the chance to buy an Epifani UL310 but to be honest, the Aggies sounded better IMHO.

rig3.jpg

19. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    How about a Schroeder 1210?
    Very loud and punchy.

20. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian

Oct 31, 2004
    I like my 1x121p w/B&C speaker that comes with
    the little mark11 built in..