Which cabs for EBS HD350 - NEO or GS112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sean Baumann, Feb 17, 2004.

1. EBS NEO 112 x2

3 vote(s)
  2. EBS NEO 110 + EBS NEO 112

2 vote(s)
  3. Aguilar GS112 x2

7 vote(s)
  4. Other, post your suggestion...

1 vote(s)
  1. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    I just snagged an EBS HD350, which I plan to use in a somewhat lightweight rig. I'm going to be playing in small to medium settings, mostly church and the occasional coffeehouse. So, that being said, which cabs would you pair with this head?

I think I have narrowed down the playing field to either the EBS NEO cabs or a couple of Aguilar GS112s. I haven't played either one yet, and I doubt I can play the EBS before I buy. The NEO cabs sound good on paper, they are really light! They seem to be a little quieter than the Aguilar cabs, but I don't know if that really matters if I use two of them. What do you think? Anybody used the NEOs before?
  2. Aslan

Sep 20, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I have the NEO 112 and it is really great. I use it with my Eden WT-550. Very good sound in a very portable and lightweight box. I have never played the GS112 so I can't compare. I think the NEO110 would be a great match for the NEO112 if you want more power.
  3. Indigo

Feb 19, 2004
    Örebro, Sweden
    I´ve tried the GS112 and it sounded very, very good. I haven´t tried the NEO´s though, so I can´t tell you about the difference. But getting that much headroom from such a small thing was truly amazing =)
  4. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Well, I bought cab number one, a NEO 112. Wow, this tihng is little and rediculously light. It's like 24 pounds! I've only played it at home, but so far so good. The EQ on my HD350 is taking me a little while to get used to. Now for the next cab..not sure if I want another NEO 112 or a NEO 110.
  5. Congratulations! I´ve been a happy NEO-112 owner for few weeks now, it´s really amazing little thing. And like you, I´m also thinking what to get next (when I have the dough, that is). Another 112 would probably be a bit louder, but some people say that 112/110-combination sounds very good. The price and weight differences are negligible so it really is a difficult choice. Keep me and other TBers updated about your decision!