1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

which cabs should i get

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lewibassist, Jun 11, 2003.

1. hiya i just bought a warwick profet IV and i havnt quite got enough money to buy the cabs yet but i havnt decided on what to get i want a 4x10 and a 1x15 i live in the uk,ive been looking at SWR but there isnt many dealers out where i come from.i also looked at getting the warwick 4x10 and a warwick 1x15 but im not sure on what they sound like.what cabs do u think i should get.
    peace lewi

2. Lewi,

What amp are you using/considering, and what type of stuff do you play? A 4 x 10 with a 1 x 15 will give you the full range of sounds from deep lows to tinkleing highs. You can get any sound you want from a set up such as this. Its not the cab that colours your sound, it's the EQ you dial in via your amp & guitar. You obviously have no budget concerns if you are considering SWR, which is great gear. You can pick up some cheap but still good Trace Elliot cabs at the moment, I have used a Trace set up of 4 x 10 x 1 x 15 in the past with no problems. EBS do a 4 x `10 cab & a range of 1 x 15 cabs but they are expensive. Check out mail order companies such as Coda Music or Flying Pig or Academy of Sound. ( All advertise in UK Music mags). Your best bet really is to get to a decent dealership, take your amp & guitar & try all the different makes of cab, and let your ears tell you which one you prefer. You live in the UK, you can't be that far from a major town with a decent music shop. You are the only one who can decide what is best for you!