1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which case for Old Kraftsman "Kay Speed Demon" hollowbody bass..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Judge Nickels, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Judge Nickels

Judge Nickels Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Texas
    Does anyone have experience buying a decent case for one of these? I have the original chipboard case, but it is no good for actually taking the bass anywhere.

Attaching the photo from the dealer when I bought the bass last year. It is a super fun lil' guy, and I'd like to take it to a band practice, but want a decent case first.

old_kraftsman.jpg

bassdude51 likes this.
  2. Ender_rpm

Ender_rpm

Apr 18, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    Maybe something sized for an acoustic bass guitar? I use an ABG bag for my Casady to go to rehearsals, but I use the hard case for shows.

3. GretschWretch

GretschWretch Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2013
    East Central Alabama
    This is a short-scale bass with afterlength behind the bridge, making it dimensionally the same as a long scale bass. And it is a thinline. Any Fender or Peavey case ought to fit, but you ought to have a gigbag as well for times when bass+case is just too beastly heavy.

4. Judge Nickels

Judge Nickels Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Texas