1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which color would you choose? Ibanez content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WaynerBass, Nov 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. muddycreek

muddycreek

Feb 26, 2010
    Despite myself, I'm sort of taken by the SpongeBob one.

2. My Ashula arrived a little over a month ago, and I must admit it looks great, and would be apropos anywhere, and in any situation.
    I like the green, but it is very stylized, yet only, if you're sensitive or allergic to that kind of irony.
    fullsizeoutput_5b2.
    IMG_1424.JPG

christle and WaynerBass like this.
  3. Chicory Blue

Chicory Blue Secretly Queen of the Moon Supporting Member

Ibanez’s finishes make me feel ways about life.

--^@

WaynerBass and Spidey2112 like this.
  4. I prefer the SR375E over those quilted tops:

J31284000001000-00-500x500.

WaynerBass likes this.
  5. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    If you're on stage playing you're not going to be standing under a sign that says "My bass color is Dragon's Eye!" are you?
    Never bought a bass because I thought the name sounded cool, but…

Spidey2112 likes this.
  6. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Dragon Eye.

WaynerBass likes this.
  7. The very top photo "dragon eye burst" is clearly my favorite. The others try too hard. They are over the top and cheapen the overall look. I hope it plays well.

WaynerBass and Spidey2112 like this.
  8. WaynerBass

WaynerBass Banned SUSPENDED

Jan 12, 2016
    Southwest Florida
    Not buying because of a cool name for the hue of color.. as my post “reads” I have played the bass a few times at my local GC and it plays beautifully, the new pickups and electronics sound better than the model previous to this one. I’m torn between both colors as both are visually stunning in person... I was just wondering what others thought of the colors.

9. WaynerBass

Jan 12, 2016
    Southwest Florida
    I’m leaning more towards the Dragon Eye - thanks for everyones responses. As usual when it comes in, I will do a full review with lots of pics of finish and the guts of the control cavity.

10. Dragon.

WaynerBass likes this.
  11. kimokeo

kimokeo

Jul 7, 2009
    It looks like thus far the dragon eye is the majority favorite. So will you go with the majority, or simply choose the one you like best? Congrats on which ever you choose and hope it works out well for you.

WaynerBass likes this.
  12. The dragon one looks like every other bass. The ocean one is among the coolest finishes I have ever seen. I would pick that one, just because it's different and really pops.

WaynerBass likes this.
  13. Dragon Eye... hands down

WaynerBass likes this.
  14. InhumanResource

InhumanResource

Dec 28, 2012
    I like the Ibanez too

WaynerBass and tlc1976 like this.
  15. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    Dragon Eye is classy.

Surreal, not so much.

WaynerBass likes this.
  16. David Vector

David Vector Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Michigan
    I'd go with Ocean, myself, but I've always loved blue and green.

The funny thing is, Ibanez' Ocean Burst is similar to what other makers like Carvin/Kiesel call Dragonburst. (Granted, they did name it Dragon EYE.)

WaynerBass likes this.
  17. WaynerBass

Jan 12, 2016
    Southwest Florida
    I’m going with the Dragon Eye. It was my first choice and then I seen the Ocean Burst.. and was a little torn between the two as both sound and play great and lastly look fantastic. As one pointed out, the blue would look great if the band was themed a beachy trop-rock type with band attire. So in light of most everyone absolutely liking my original choice.. I’m going Dragon

kimokeo and matty1039 like this.
  18. WaynerBass

Jan 12, 2016
    Southwest Florida
    Who knows.. I’m going back to GC to look at em again... I’ll let you all know what I finally decided upon.

19. johnson79

johnson79

Jan 8, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    I like both, but I think I'd go with the Dragon burst. I think the Ocean burst is really cool, but I'd probably get tired of it in a few years.

20. bwoodman

bwoodman Supporting Member

SOB is nice!