1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which combination of GK Head / Cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cicatrice, Oct 7, 2006.

1. cicatrice

cicatrice

Jun 11, 2005
    Hey everyone,

Since my band is starting to play shows around campus and town, we're all looking into getting amps (so we don't have to deal with borrowing 3 amps and a drum kit from the school's practice space / friends anymore, haha). I'm going the RMC Audio route (thank God for TalkBass on that one!), since my bandmates and I like the sound of GK stuff.

So here are the combinations I'm looking into:

- 700RB-II + Neo212
    - 700RB-II + 410SBX
    - 1001RB-II + 410SBX

If people could give me impressions of the difference in subjective power/loudness between a 700RB-II and 1001RB-II, and the difference in response between a Neo212 and a 410SBX, I'd be infinitely grateful.

My reason for going to 12's would be for a slightly more pillowy/deeper response than 10's, which I'm not sure I'd get with the Neo speakers, having never tried them out myself.

Peace,
    -John

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I use the 700RB-II with a pair of Neo 112's (for portability) and love it. I replaced a 410RBS (predecessor to the SBX) and find the Neo's to have a much smoother responce that cover the highs and the lows very equally well, where I find the 410's a bit shrill on the top end without the bass response I was looking for.

Check out the 212, I'm sure you'll be happy. I use this rig for everything.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 17, 2021