1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

which combo looks best?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bryanonbass, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Rosewood board

16 vote(s)
    41.0%
  2. Maple/Blocked Board

23 vote(s)
    59.0%
  1. bryanonbass

bryanonbass

May 13, 2001
    Northern NJ
    I totally stole the idea and photos from SRT80. Hope you don't mind.
    I can't decide which look I like better.
    I have the blue "quilt" SX jazz bass with rosewood board and I also bought the maple neck with white blocks neck cause I was going to throw that on it. Im having a tough time deciding now.
    What do you guys prefer?

Just so you know, my bass looks a little more tealish than this one does.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Given the choice, I'd go with the rosewood.

3. I only wish I still had my sx rosewood blocked neck to see how it looks too. It will probably be a few months before i get this one setup so if rondo gets those necks back in, i will probably order one and try it out also. But for now, my vote goes to the maple!

Steve

4. NYCBass

NYCBass Gold Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2006
    Queens NY
    Maple

5. mantelclock

mantelclock

Jul 19, 2005
    rosewood

6. I don't have photoshop. So i tried somethin' with paint...

newneck1-1.

I know it sucks, but I still think (me personally) I like the maple better.

Anyone wanna photoshop this neck on the body?

sxbassneck1.

Steve

7. CraigG

CraigG

Mar 14, 2006
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    The body of the bass you have shown is very pretty. The bright contrast of the maple neck draws my attention away from the body and in the direction of the neck. I also wouldn't want white block fret markers on a rosewood neck simply because they too draw my attention away from the beauty of the body on this particular bass. For me, a rosewood neck with a dark body bass is best because it makes it gives a visual balance across the entire instrument and does not detract from the beauty of body on this particular bass.