Which Combo? Peavey? Behringer? Fender?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Phyrexian, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Peavey Microbass

3 vote(s)
  2. Behringer Thunderbird BX108

3 vote(s)
  3. Fender Frontman 15B

0 vote(s)
  1. Hi there,

I'm planning to get me a small, portable bass-combo to start practicing my bass-playage at home.

I've tried out a few amps already.
    I played on a small Trace Elliot 15 watt combo and I thought it sounded thin (I played a Warwick Streamer through it).
    I enjoyed playing the Ampeg BA-112; it sounded very nice and covered a wide range of tones. It was way too expensive for a practice amp though (around 700 euro over here in Belgium)
    I played a Stagg (Belgian brand) bass combo of 50 watts which had an okay sound, but was a little too loud for my purpose.
    Today I also played a Fender Frontman 15B. I thought it sounded quite good with the Streamer. The sound was pretty warm compared to the Trace Elliot.

So there's almost two little practice amps to judge about (I haven't played them yet because stores don't have them in stock) and those are:
    Behringer Thunderbird BX108
    and of course the Peavey Microbass
    How do those two compare to the Fender Frontman?

Also I read many good things about the nice Fender Bassman 25. But I think pricage is also a little high (higher than the 125euro for a peavey microbass, a behringer bx108 or a fender frontman) for this amp, isn't it?

which amp sounds best to your ears?
    The PEAVEY Microbass?
    The BEHRINGER Thunderbird BX108?
    The FENDER Frontman 15B?

Last but not least: I play a Warwick Corvette Standard (4 string).
  2. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Go with the Microbass-you won't be sorry! :)