Which Comes First...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by deathbloomslife, Jul 17, 2005.

1. ...The amplifier, or the bass itself???

I ask because I plan on upgrading both right now, and with the pricetag of the bass Im looking into (Warwick Corvette Standard Active) I think I should buy the two seperate.

My current "rig" is a Peavey Millenium 4 BXP bass, and a Randall RXB30W amplifier. The amp Im looking into buying is a Yorkville XM200T with two ten-inch drivers and a tweeter. (In the future, I will go ahead and add a 15" underneath the bad boy.)

So, which comes first??

~Ryan

2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    In your case I would go for the amp. That way you have more of a chance of playing out than you do with your current amp. The Yorkville is a great amp and has DI built-in so you can use it as a stage monitor. You won't be able to hear the Randall on stage if everyone is using amps.

3. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    I have the same problem right now. But tommorow I wont, im getting a new amp. And I would recomend you do the same. I Would buy a new amp becuase of what was said above. That even though your bass may be crappy, and I dont even know if peavy's are crappy to start with? You can still be heard on stage.

Im ugrading my bass as soon as I get 500 bucks though.

4. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    His bass isn't crappy at all. The Millennium BXP AC is a decent bass with tonnes of punch and good tone. The AMP is just a better investment at this point and allows him, as we both have aluded to, grow more musically by opening more doors.

5. I guess I should have posted that I wont be playing onstage, as I dont enjoy playing in or with bands at all. Im currently a strictly solo player. Appreciate the input so far, me thinks Ill be purchasing the yorkie sometime soon... I guess a trip to Brevard Sound is in order ;) .

~Ryan