1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which companies sell .128 B strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    My new Carvin LB75P has a .128 low B, and I am very happy with the tightness and clarity of the string, and I am hesitant to change the gauge. Anyone else playing other brands with this gauge?

2. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    If it is a tapered Carvin 128 string it is made by La Bella. In my experience it is a curse to play a La Bella B string. Because nothing will live up to it in the future. If you have a like for the La Bella B string, you can get the 128 Taper made by La Bella by buying Carvin Rounds (nickel and steel), Pedulla Rounds (nickel and steel), La Bella Slappers (nickel), and La Bella Hard Rockin' Steels.

3. jmattis

jmattis Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Washington DC
    Lakland makes a .128 set as well.

May I also suggest, try going even BIGGER! .135 is where its at for low Bs.

4. Dean Markley Blue Steels Med or Med/Lt 5 string sets use a .128

5. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Thx for replies. I think I am sticking with the Carvin/LaBella nickel strings. Really digging them on the LB75P. And I am a DR man in general.

6. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I'm generally a DR man, however, I find the Dean Markley Blue Steel .128 B to be great. I think it's the perfect guage for me.