Which complete collections do you own?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Alvaro Martín Gómez A., Oct 21, 2005.

1. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Hi again.

I was wondering about artists from which fellow Talkbassers own complete official recordings in LP or CD format (legally purchased from stores). Mine are Beatles, Kiss, AC/DC, The Police and all of the solo releases from Stuart Hamm and Victor Wooten. I'm just missing the last Boston release "Corporate America", but I haven't read good reviews about it. Special mention to Frank Zappa, from whom I have 47 titles (not the complete official discography, I know, but 47 titles, many of them in double CD format are a lot). Thank you in advance for your input. :)
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I've only got one box set. It's a steve reich complete works from 65-95, he's still making music, so I'm missing a couple of things but I do have most of his stuff post 1995.

I'm seriously considering buying THE COMPLETE STEVIE WONDER, off of iTunes. 582 tracks for $190. I love stevie.
  3. bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    I've got a LOT of CCR, Dave Matthews Band, I have one of the two Dead boxsets, I've got all of pink floyds stuff, Sade, and I've got ~50 Coltrane CDs.
  4. My friend has all the AC DC and I have all but 2 Pink Floyd.
  5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I've got a complete collection of Bauhaus records and singles, including the rare fanclub release.

I also have a complete collection of Sisters of Mercy records, Stiff Little Fingers 7" records, and more. I have a bunch of complete sets of various comic books...

...and a ton of non-complete collections including 1960's Avalon/Filmore posters, modern silk screen rock posters, and more than several hundred Grateful Dead shows on a variety of formats. I collect other stuff, toys, voodoo dolls, etc.
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I have a complete collection of pre-breakup Beatles albums on original Capitol and Apple records. I have a complete collection of Devo LP's and CD's. That's about it.
  7. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

That's why I used the word "recordings" instead of "discographies".
  8. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Not a single group! I used to have all the Our Lady Peace recordings, but they just released a new album. My brother's a nut for NIN and has all of their stuff. Right now I'm at a point where I'm exploring as many different artists in jazz as I can -- the most I've got of anyone is Oscar Peterson. I've got Night Train (CD and Vol 2 on vinyl,) We Get Requests, the entire Blue Note box set, and a CD/DVD called "A Night in Vienna." All of it but the DVD/CD has Ray Brown on bass. If I *really* like an artist, I'll buy 1 or two more CDs before trying out someone else. As it stands, Charles Mingus comes in third (4 recordings,) and Charlie Parker in 3rd with 3 CDs (2 of which are compilations, though.)
  9. I have the complete collection of Yes minus Big Generator and 90125 because I didn't want to waste 12 bucks on those albums (theyre good but I am poor!) I also own the Genesis disco. until they crapped out at Abacab.
  10. I have complete:

Rush (excluding Greatest hits comps)
    Foo Fighters

most Yes, excluding the recent monthly greatest hits / live comps they've been releasing

11. The Beatles (I think i have every official LP release - either US or UK, not both)
    R.E.M (except the last two - just nothing there for me anymore :oops: )
    The Police
    Men At Work

12. I have the complete Deep Purple Mk. 1 recordings,
    and i also have the complete Citizen King collection, unfortunatly they've seen better days :( i miss them!
  13. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Its funny that for the most part I prefer listening to hard rock/metal stuff yet the only complete collection I have is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Go figure.
  14. I have the complete Slayer discography, except for the new box set.
    I have Les Claypool's complete discography, excluding a few guest appearances he did. Everything he recorded as a band leader, I have it.
    I have every Pantera album.
  15. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
  16. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Tool and Primus are 2 that I know for sure.
  17. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
  18. I used to have all the rush albums...some got lost or stolen :mad: I think I only have 2112 left.
  19. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I bought that Led Zeppelin boxed set that has all nine studio albums - does that count?
  20. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Monster Magnet
    Not including obscure live stuff, I'm pretty close with King Crimson.