Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which complete collections do you own?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Alvaro Martín Gómez A., Oct 21, 2005.

1. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Hi again.

I was wondering about artists from which fellow Talkbassers own complete official recordings in LP or CD format (legally purchased from stores). Mine are Beatles, Kiss, AC/DC, The Police and all of the solo releases from Stuart Hamm and Victor Wooten. I'm just missing the last Boston release "Corporate America", but I haven't read good reviews about it. Special mention to Frank Zappa, from whom I have 47 titles (not the complete official discography, I know, but 47 titles, many of them in double CD format are a lot). Thank you in advance for your input. :)

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I've only got one box set. It's a steve reich complete works from 65-95, he's still making music, so I'm missing a couple of things but I do have most of his stuff post 1995.

I'm seriously considering buying THE COMPLETE STEVIE WONDER, off of iTunes. 582 tracks for $190. I love stevie.

3. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    I've got a LOT of CCR, Dave Matthews Band, I have one of the two Dead boxsets, I've got all of pink floyds stuff, Sade, and I've got ~50 Coltrane CDs.

4. My friend has all the AC DC and I have all but 2 Pink Floyd.

5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I've got a complete collection of Bauhaus records and singles, including the rare fanclub release.

I also have a complete collection of Sisters of Mercy records, Stiff Little Fingers 7" records, and more. I have a bunch of complete sets of various comic books...

...and a ton of non-complete collections including 1960's Avalon/Filmore posters, modern silk screen rock posters, and more than several hundred Grateful Dead shows on a variety of formats. I collect other stuff, toys, voodoo dolls, etc.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I have a complete collection of pre-breakup Beatles albums on original Capitol and Apple records. I have a complete collection of Devo LP's and CD's. That's about it.

7. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

That's why I used the word "recordings" instead of "discographies".

8. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Not a single group! I used to have all the Our Lady Peace recordings, but they just released a new album. My brother's a nut for NIN and has all of their stuff. Right now I'm at a point where I'm exploring as many different artists in jazz as I can -- the most I've got of anyone is Oscar Peterson. I've got Night Train (CD and Vol 2 on vinyl,) We Get Requests, the entire Blue Note box set, and a CD/DVD called "A Night in Vienna." All of it but the DVD/CD has Ray Brown on bass. If I *really* like an artist, I'll buy 1 or two more CDs before trying out someone else. As it stands, Charles Mingus comes in third (4 recordings,) and Charlie Parker in 3rd with 3 CDs (2 of which are compilations, though.)

9. I have the complete collection of Yes minus Big Generator and 90125 because I didn't want to waste 12 bucks on those albums (theyre good but I am poor!) I also own the Genesis disco. until they crapped out at Abacab.

10. I have complete:

Rush (excluding Greatest hits comps)
    Foo Fighters
    Radiohead
    Nirvana

most Yes, excluding the recent monthly greatest hits / live comps they've been releasing

;)

11. The Beatles (I think i have every official LP release - either US or UK, not both)
    R.E.M (except the last two - just nothing there for me anymore :oops: )
    SRV
    The Police
    Men At Work

:D

12. I have the complete Deep Purple Mk. 1 recordings,
    and i also have the complete Citizen King collection, unfortunatly they've seen better days :( i miss them!

13. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Its funny that for the most part I prefer listening to hard rock/metal stuff yet the only complete collection I have is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Go figure.

14. I have the complete Slayer discography, except for the new box set.
    I have Les Claypool's complete discography, excluding a few guest appearances he did. Everything he recorded as a band leader, I have it.
    I have every Pantera album.

15. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Nirvana
    RATM
    Immortal

16. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Tool and Primus are 2 that I know for sure.

17. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
  18. I used to have all the rush albums...some got lost or stolen :mad: I think I only have 2112 left.

19. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I bought that Led Zeppelin boxed set that has all nine studio albums - does that count?

20. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Primus
    Monster Magnet
    Not including obscure live stuff, I'm pretty close with King Crimson.