Which covering on the SB112 I want...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by funkybassplayer, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Red Vinyl

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  2. Beige Vinyl

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  3. Line-X Coating

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  4. Black Carpeting

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. funkybassplayer

funkybassplayer Commercial User

Sep 16, 2003
    Longview, TX
    Nordstrand Audio, Epifani
    I have been looking for a new cabinet for a while and have decided on the Avatar SB112 Neo and now i can't decide on which finish. I am leaning toward the red vinyl or the Line-X material. I do like the beige-ish brown color and there is always the trusy fall back of good ole carpet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. jgsbass

jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    Even though it gets dirty real fast, I went with blond on my 112.
    Mmmmmm, Beachboy/Venture vintage.

3. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    I voted Beige because it is cool and vintage looking. The red is just too much for my eyes (even though I love their Orange Tolex covering). If you didn't go Beige...I'd go for the Line-X...can't go wrong and there will definitely be no air leaks in the construction of the cabinet when covered with that stuff. Best of luck!!! Those are great cabs...I've got the B212 and couldn't be happier.

4. asad137

asad137

Jan 18, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Physicist
    You want Line-X. The stuff is indestructable (I have it on my B210 Neo). If you want some color, paint the grill :)

Asad

5. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Avatar should just start offering the colored Line-X finish and then everyone would have the colors and durability.

6. Is that Line-X much different than what PV use to put on their old Mark IV bass heads? That stuff was so ruff it would tear the hide of your hand.

7. funkybassplayer

Sep 16, 2003
    Longview, TX
    Good idea. I hadn't even thought about asking if they could do that.

8. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    I have a 212 and a 210 both in LineX and I would have nothing else. Period. It looks cool and is very durable. I even got some custom made padded covers for them to use when transporting to and from gigs. I want these to stay looking good and last the rest of my life. Protect your musical investments. Check my sig.

9. Freddels

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I don't think it's something that he offers right now but Line-X does come in many different colors so it would have to be something that he wants to get into.

10. funkybassplayer

Sep 16, 2003
    Longview, TX
    I emailed him and he said it would have to be either red vinyl or the Line-X. No red line-x though.

11. asad137

asad137

Jan 18, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Physicist
    I've never seen what was on the Peaveys, but Line-X can be a bit rough. Scraping your knuckles against it is no fun.

Asad

12. Freddels

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I figured that. Line-X does offer different colors but Avatar does not wish to get into that. It might have something to do with whatever company he has actually making the cabs.

I guess one could always purchase some colored Line-X and put a coat or two on top of the black.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021