1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

which delay?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kostasgp, Apr 27, 2010.

1. kostasgp

kostasgp

Mar 2, 2008
    I want to buy a digital delay and my budget is 150 euros..
    my options are Boss DD7,Digitech hardwire,tc electronics nova reteater and electroharmonix memory man hazarai.
    I defentely want pedal have tap tembo and loop(20-40 sec).
    which one have you heard and prefer?

2. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    The Nova Repeater is nice, but has to have it's own power supply and doesn't have looping (as far as I know) which seems to be a requirement for you.

The Hardwire reminds me of an Echo Park with a looper function. Basically a ton of different delay types and a bunch of fun while also having the looper. What turned me off to both it and the DD-7 is that the on/off, tap tempo and looping are all controlled by the same switch. In my experience this makes it a pain to use.

The SMMw/H is a fantastic delay in my opinion. The looping is again not super easy to use.

In my opinion if you want a simple to use (and good quality) looper that does delay, I'd go with the Akai Headrush E2.

If you want a fantastic delay with a ton of options that also does looping, I'd go with the EHX or the Hardwire.

3. alangoldstein

alangoldstein

Jul 23, 2007
    Charleston, SC
    Endorsments: Aguilar, Hartke, DR strings, Analysis Plus "Oval" Cables
    the best ones i think are the following.

the hazarai , the mem boy deluxe ( has tap tempo only 550 ms delay but analog with chorus) , the # 1 echo ( no tap tempo tho )
    the digitech digidelay is amazing for the price.

the line 6 dl 4 is great but alot of money 250 usd

and the one i want : the tech 21 boost dla sounds so analog !!! with tap tempo now. and has chorus.
    !

i also like the malekko 616 analog.

4. alangoldstein

alangoldstein

Jul 23, 2007
    Charleston, SC
    Endorsments: Aguilar, Hartke, DR strings, Analysis Plus "Oval" Cables
    avoid the nova repeater. garbage. i returned it. get the hazarai if u want digital. with tempo and looper. it rules. it has also chorus, flange, echo, and it has a killer reverse delay sounds amazing.

avoid boss delays. junk.

5. I currently use the memory man with hazarai. It's a great pedal, but I seem to forget my settings a bit.. That's just me though!

I wouldn't call the Boss delays junk. I used to use a DD-3 which I found to be a nice simple delay. The only reason I sold it was because I basically made it redundant when I got hold of a PS-3. All IMO

6. Hipnotic2005

Hipnotic2005

Oct 18, 2009
    Argentina
    hardwire DL8!! great pedal!

7. wolf7883

wolf7883

Jul 22, 2009
    Naples FL
    Yea...I have a DD-7 and I think it's pretty sweet...It has plenty of usable settings but it is just a little simpler than those other ones.

But I did just see another band in my area where the two guitarists were using memory boys...they sounded REALLY lush..

IDK...If I had my choice I'd have 1 analog delay and 1 digital delay for different applications.