Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

which dirnt p bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by spockrock79, Mar 29, 2005.

1. spockrock79

spockrock79

Dec 7, 2004
    NC
    ok i'm weak, i posted a few weeks ago about my GAS for a mike dirnt p bass. i'm gonna order one of these tonight or tomorrow morning. i'm torn on the color. on the one hand, a vintage white with a replacement black pickguard would look awesome, on the other there's the black with a white pearloid guard...anyone have any pics to share...

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Vintage white or sunburst.

3. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain

Attached Files:

4. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    I dig the sunburst, take pickguard off?

5. Personally, I'd be torn between the 2-Color Sunburst and the Black. I don't like the look of the Vintage White in this picture. For the black, I would personally keep the pickguard stock white, as that "tuxedo" look is so slick. However, a tortoise pickguard might look cool, too. Lately, though, I've been on a black-white P-bass kick (to match my Jazz Bass), so take my comments for what they're worth.

6. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    id go with black, then replace the white pg for a black one, black on black just like all of my basses aka the funeral crew lol.

7. spockrock79

spockrock79

Dec 7, 2004
    NC
    yeah...i've been debating this for a while. musiciansfriend.com finally got the vintage white in today, but i've also been checking the fender site and the vintage white looks bananaish in color. i wonder if it looks that way in real life...the black with pearloid is looking better and better...

here's a website with some nicely priced pickguards for the dirnt...http://www.terrapinguitars.com/pg/mikedirtntpbass_materials_list.htm

well nice prices on the non-pearloids...

8. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    terrapins got sum good stuff ive ordered from them b4 and right now Im acctually waitin for them to get back to me about a custom pg i wanna slap on one of my basses.

9. I'm wishing now I had gotten the sunburst. :meh:

10. spockrock79

spockrock79

Dec 7, 2004
    NC
    well after much deliberation...i have ordered the black dirnt p bass...it seems i always end up with a black bass...i have two black ones now...now i have to part with my black mim p bass...for me right now 3 basses is overkill...

11. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Nice choice, welcome to the club!!!!