Which do you do more?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by d8g3jdh, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Play bass (the instrument)

2. Talkbass (the site)

3. Eat Carrots (the food)

1. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Pretty simple, and ive got a feeling that talkbass is gonna beat play bass.

im on here more than i practice, but thats because i typically log three hours on here at school plus some at home.

i gotta go practice...
  2. DrSmaggs

Oct 15, 2003
    Endorsing Artist:
    I try to play every day
  3. I usually play, and play hard about an hour before I go to sleep. It helps me get to sleep actually. I'm on the compjuter atleast 2-3 hours when I do get on. The sad thing is I do the same things every day... heres my routine...

Tooltabs forums
    Talkbass Forums
    Prog Forums
    Google (Gmail)

And occasionally

Bass Central
    Bass NW
    Best Bass Gear
  4. g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    i talkbass more. kinda pathetic, but i only practice when i feel like it. normally i wanna practice in the mornings right before i go to school or during school. my hands just itch to do something, but then by the time i get home it's kinda like... i dunno. i need to practice more.
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I Talkbass more. Kind of hard to play the bass at work!:ninja:
  6. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    I generally put-in about 2 hours of practice 3 - 4 evenings per week. Then I'm gigging on either Friday or Saturday nights... sometimes both, and an occasional week night gig... but not too many of those. Band practice is about 4 - 5 hours on Sundays... usually starting around 1 p.m.

Given the number of posts I've made in a little over a year, one can tell I don't spend a whole lot of time on TB, but I'm damn glad TB is here, 'cuz this forum has been very helpful for me! :D
  7. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Sadly, talkbass:crying:
  8. Last fall I spent a shocking amount of time here. I was definitely on here a lot more than I was sitting down to play an instrument. Now that the holidays are over, I've settled back into my practice routine and I still probably spend equal amounts of time playing and TB'ing. I think it's refreshing to take a break from your instrument once in a while. It helps keep me balanced.
  9. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Excellent point. I'm outta here.
  10. Rich600

Nov 22, 2004
    Bass>Talkbass>eating carrots
  11. OOOOMFF!!! Wow! I TalkBass more than I play. I gotta get practicing. This thread was like a kick in the gut!:scowl:
  12. I think I Talkbass more.

But when I jam... I jam for hours.

It's probably even.
  13. ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Whenever i Talkbass, I have a bass in hand. I also play it away from the computer more than I'm on it.
  14. Wesley R

Wesley R Supporting Member

I would practice 3-4hrs per day, sometimes 6. When variouse band sittuations came up, an additional 2-4 per day. This did not include jamming time or gig time a little later. When I was gigging heavy (by my schedule) practice time decreased.

Now, 1/2hr a week of practice, occassional jams and a rare gig

Best of Luck,
    Wesley R.