Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which Dr strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by digidealaybb404, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Hi-Beam

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Lo-Riders

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  3. Bootzillas

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. Other, say the string

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. yeah i am teying to find some string to buy for christmas. so please tell me.

2. I had a set of Hi-Beams on my Stingray and liked them a lot. They're a nicely-balanced set that I feel are similar to Dean Markley Blue Steels, another very good string.

About two months ago I finally tried a set of Lo-Riders, and all I can say is WOW! :bassist:

They have a stiffer feel compared to the Hi-Beams, which I love, and seem to have a more focused low end, and a slightly less trebly top. A more articulate-sounding string to me. They are perfect for finger-style playing, especially for those who like to dig in. I don't slap, so I don't know how they'd be for that.

They are now my favorite strings by far. ;)

Mike

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Depends what kind of gear you use and what kind of sound you are looking for. I have black beauties on my Tbird for a great fingerstyle classic rock sound...and they match perfectly. I have
    Hi beams on my Peavey US Millenium for a more "hi fi" tone, and
    have Marcus Miller High beams on my Lakland Darryl Jones, for a thick but bright jazz bass tone.