which driver is best: 2-10, 1-12, 1-15?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, May 14, 2005.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I did a search and had difficulty finding a thread with a comparison b/n a 2-10, 1-12, and 1-15.

Which of these gives the most low-end? I suspect its the 1-15, but perhaps the 2-10 would be better with more speaker surface area? Also, the newer 1-12s maybe adequate for my objectives.

I am trying to get a big-bottom sound with a cab that is light and compact as possible. I know its a tough order to fill, but what cab does this BEST while still being relatively inexpensive?
  2. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    You seem to have two similar threads going here. I just posted in the other one.
  3. Absolute agreement here, Joshua. The Acme B2 (2x10) cabinets are light, compact and very reasonably priced, especially considering how well-balanced they are. These cabinets need lots of clean power however. A more powerful amp like the AI Focus (if you like the Clarus) might be sufficient, depending on how loud you need to be.
  4. oldfclefer

oldfclefer low ended

May 5, 2005
    Southern Ohio
    I agree about the sound coming out of the speaker, but it's my experience that smaller speakers don't have the projection that the larger speakers do. So if you're playing in small places small speakers should be good, but for larger places, you'll probably need larger speaker to reach the other side of the room efficiently.