1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which Drop D Xtender do I need?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by rappa29, Jun 1, 2007.

1. I want to get a Drop D Xtender for my bass.

I've been shopping on the web and Hipshot seems to have about 30 different styles! None of which are described as the one I should use. I have Grover Tuners on my SX PJ.

All the Xtenders I've seen are described as suitable for Fender Vintage, Gotoh, Schaller, etc. I haven't seen one that explicity says USE FOR GROVER TUNERS.

Can someone tell me which one I'm supposed to get that will fit my bass and match my Grovers?

At $80 a pop, I don't want to get the wrong one and play the 'return and exchange' game.

TIA!

2. SuperSnake2012

SuperSnake2012 floppy b strings

Dec 12, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    Can you post a picture of what the tuners look like?

3. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Line™ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
    what is the hole diameter in your headstock?

the 3/8" key requires a 9/16" hole
    the 1/2" key (Fender style) requires an 11/16" hole

all the best,

R

4. good question. i guess it helps if i know that. i'll have to measure. I don't think there's any info on the net about SX headstock hole diameters.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021