Which Eden cab to buy?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nick man, Sep 3, 2002.

1. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    uhhhh *nasal whining voice* for what application, sir? more information please... *voice off*

i would say a 410xst...awesome cab.
  2. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    I have to agree with Neptoon on this one! XST kick major booty!
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

A D210XST is my next gear purchase!:D
  4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Sorry to everyone about the lame info.

I started to post the thread while in my computer class, the lunch bell rang, and I accedentally lcicked on submit new thread. I will attempt to redeem myself by giving more information than you could ask for.

I play in a modern hard rock band (sigh, yes thats a nice way of saying Nu-Metal), and I need to expand my rig now .

I am used to playing through a giant 2-15 cab, and I dont mind what many refer to as sloppy or loose low end. The only 10's that I have tried and like are Eden, and after trying out several of their pieces, I have decided that they are the ideal cabs for me.

I was origionally going to get a 410XST and a WT-550 when I saved up enought money, but becuase I recently joined a gigging band I need to expand my rig now. My first show as their new bassist is Friday September 7, and although I can get by playing through my massive 2-15 cab, I do not want to drag it around any more than I absoulutely need to, so the sooner I step up, the better. I am on a limited budget, and waiting to save up more is not an option at the momment.

My main options are:
    210 XLT
    210 XST
    212 XLT

Price is not an issue with the choice between the three.

The cab will be used with my Eden Nemesis 210 combo (and possibly a seperate poweramp). I am concerned that the 210's will not push enough air for my largest gigs, highschool band at college football stadiums, and am wondering if the 212 will be that much better.

I will most likely expand my rig later with other cabs, so what I really wanna know is which first.

5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    XST. Those things have low end response like crazy. I'd switch to XSTs from XLTs if they weren't so much more expensive. But the XLTs work like a charm for metal (I use two 410XLTs) so you're not gonna have a problem no matter how you choose.
  6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I forgot to add.

I am having some trouble cutting through with the band since the guitarist like to turn up the bass and turn down the mids on their amps.

They're taking up my sonic space, and turning up the mids sounds too nasal for the style with my current setup (Nemesis 210 and G&L L-2500).

Please keep this in mind when giving advice.

Thanks for all the previous responses.

7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Eden XLTs are infamous for the low/mid push. It's a jump in the frequency response that makes the XLTs cut like a knife, even through Guitarists tuned to Q with a Smiley EQ.
  8. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    210 XST. At 450 Watts you're set for your decent sized gigs. Plus the lows this thing pumps out. My guitarist thought it was thundering outside after hitting the B string :) . As Gard says, it rivals some 410s ! I can't say enough good about it.
  9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Eden 210XST it is. :D

I got it, and tested it yesterday.

For more infor please see my other thread.

Thanks Gard!