1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which Eden cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 3fingerdemon, Sep 27, 2009.

1. I'm looking to upsize my rig, and I'm thinking of adding an Eden 2x10 to my 4x10. Theres one "older 210T" and a 210XLT. Can anyone explain the difference between the two?

Also, I was thinking of also getting an Eden 2x12 and Bi-amping with y WT-800...

Opinions!!!

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    don't bi-amp. the eden cabs really aren't made to do that. (neither are any commercially available bass cabs).

the 210t has the same speakers as the 410t. both are close twins to the swr goliath 2 series except the 210t has a fron rather than a rear port. (the original swr cabs were made by eden).

the xlt series uses different drivers that handle more watts IIRC, the 210t does about 250, while the 210xlt does about 350. the 210xlt also has top and bottom front ports, making it a bigger cab. the xlt series was supposed to have more lows and be "punchier". Oddly, the 210t sounded a lot like the 410xlt. Either one should be ok as an addition. I used a 210xlt with an original made by eden swr goliath 410 cab for years. both were 8 ohms and i used them on a mono amp. In most cases you'll want to put the 210 on the bottom as it has more lows.

3. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    I would do a 210XST or the 212XLT if it were me... and don't biamp...you throw away power. run full range to both

4. bamabass

bamabass

May 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    210xst without a doubt. The best cab eden makes in my opinion. rated at 500 watts. It is a really smooth cabinet and goes lower than a lot of 15's. It pairs beautifully with a 410

5. the 2x10 has more lows than the 4x10??

What am I missing here?? I thought more drivers would allow for more defined low end, as each individual driver wouldn't be pushed/struggling so hard to flap about at 30-40 hz??