Which envelope filter??!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nonohmic, Dec 22, 2005.

1. nonohmic

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Hey All,
    This question might sound along the lines of 2 + 2 is what?
    But, whats the best envelope filter out there??
    Looked at the Digitech Auto synth Wah, looks alright. Anybody had experience with this pedal?
    Want to know live playability, tracking, robustness, bypass etc etc.
    Thinking of spending good money on the envelope filter and then adding to it with cheap pedals (Behringer....... :eyebrow: )to get the sound I want. Any ideas.

As always, any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Che che.
  2. I have a DOD FX-25b & like it. Cheap, sounds good(to me). I don't believe it has true bypass. I also like the sound of EHX Bassballs.
  3. ganga

Jul 14, 2005
    EMMA DiscumBOBulator

You can't get any better envelope filter at the moment, IME. I got rid of my Qtron to get my greasy hands on this. It's outstanding.
  4. It beats the Q tron? wow, NOW I gotta go try one...
  5. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    +1 on the EMMA. It's as good as it gets, IMO. Also, there is an envelope filter round-up in this forum. There is a lot of good information in that thread. Try a search.
  6. Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    + 1 again on the EMMA,

my qtron was always a bit touchy, had the volume boost and then broke.... the emma sounds quiet similar, has more practical control with less knobs and is active/passive friendly and i think has true bypass... just plain fat!

i really liked my usa bassballs too but it doesn't work well with my new active bass...
  7. Pigtronix EP-1? Funky envelope with a trigger input [sidechaining] and a phaser. TBP too.
  8. +1 on the Pigtronix. Great pedal.