Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which EUB would you choose?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by apathetixx, Dec 3, 2003.

1. apathetixx

apathetixx

Apr 7, 2003
    Downey, CA
    Azola Eurocoustic babybass
    [​IMG]

or

Eminence fixed neck 4string
    [​IMG]

2. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
    Greetings and welcome to The Dark Side. We take our gear seriously. Very seriously. In fact, we take everything seriously. Extremely seriously. I'm serious right now.

If experience is any guide, your inquiry would generally elicit the following types of response:

a) "It depends."
    b) "Who would want one of those?"
    c) "You should check Chris Fitzgerald's carefully-assembled Newbie Links and ask again."

This is one of those latter ones. Scope Chris:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43093 and c'mon back. Seriously!

3. apathetixx

apathetixx

Apr 7, 2003
    Downey, CA
    hmm. im not tryin to ask which is better. i just dont know enough about each specific model to determine the differences. all im asking for is opinions. if you dont like either. then just say neither.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Neither!

5. I have an Azola Mini-Baby...and can vouch for the superb construction and playability of Steve's basses. They are also a pleasure to deal with! I do not have any experience with his acoustic bass versions.

6. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I'd go with the Eminence since it's a little less bulkier and costly than the Eurocoustic.

Both get you within the ballpark of an upright bass in terms of they way they feel and sound, though, and the Azola looks sexier - well, about as sexy as an EUB can be.

One thing to note - I see that the Azola doesn't appear to have an upper bout "emulator" like the Eminence does. This could affect playability, as that would put the instrument closer to the player than a normal DB.