Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

which fretless bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by spur, Jan 31, 2006.

1. spur

spur

Jun 4, 2005
    sweden
    I've been playing the fretted for six years and I want to
    learn fretless. Which bass in the 1000$ range could you recommend? Some fretless basses I should avoid? Which brand
    is most prominent among fretless players? Anything else I should be aware of?

2. StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Nov 6, 2005
    Well...I bought a LightWave fretless on ebay about 2 months ago. I really like it, only problem is you prob wouldn't be able to try one out at a music store. I bought it out of curiosity, really, so I figured if I didn't like it I could always put it back on ebay. I'm satisfied with it, the only bass I use now. But it's always best to personally play various instruments, then decide which one suits you. Advice given here is also very helpful, taking into consideration everyone has their own preferences.

3. I also have a lightwave fretless (which i am back and forth between selling). and i love it. it has a great neck and feel and sounds awsome

4. Phalanx

Phalanx

Apr 4, 2005
    Keep a look out for a Status Graphite fretless, they can go for that price and they have an incredibly unique and woody tone

5. Trev

Trev

Feb 23, 2004
    If you can find a used Zon for around that price, go for it. By all accounts their fretless basses are amazing.