1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which fuzz to use in 50/50 effects loop of GED-2112?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gene Doctor, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Darkglass Duality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Malekko Diabolik

100.0%
  1. Gene Doctor

Gene Doctor

Jan 14, 2014
    Malvern, PA
    I currently have a Way Huge Russian Pickle, which I like, but was looking at getting something meatier as I am running it in the effects loop (50/50 mix) of my GED-2112.

I was thinking either the Darkglass Duality or the Malekko Diabolik. Anyone have any thoughts on either of these pedals?

2. PeterH

PeterH

Dec 31, 2015
    Not New York
    Have no experience with the Darkglass fuzz, but the Malekko is the “will rip your face off” kind of fuzz. It’s going to be up to personal choice tho because they’re both pretty good options.

3. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    I had a good experience with a Pharaoh in a mix loop. Carcosa would also be a fiery option as cutting a Diabolic

4. Gene Doctor

Gene Doctor

Jan 14, 2014
    Malvern, PA
    I’ve ordered the Duality as it can sound roughly like the Diabolik when fully counter-clockwise, as well as having the additional muff clockwise and the ability to blend the two.

5. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hiero BEAD is like the Diabolik but way, way better.

jazznrick likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021